Chapter 2

(Memes because memes)
They were lead into a station,  filled with documents and legal looking arrangements. It seemed less like a child development and safety building and more like a regular office. The entire place was unsettling and was probably even more so for the already wary child.

Aizawa and the workers went into a separate room, leaving the three of them to eat offered snacks and drinks. Momo and the boy ate fiercely, one trying to restore their quirk while the other was simply a starved boy.
After quite some time, Itsuki now fully fed and safe, drifted off into sleep, resting his head against the crook of Momo's neck. The two of them would certainly need a good bathing after all was said and done...

It took a bit, but the adults finally beckoned for them to come in the room. Aizawa had a strange look on his face - almost apprehensive - while the rest of them looked to the heroes in training with hopeful expressions.

"So this is what we've worked out," their teacher started. "How do you two feel about being parents?" He gave one of his signature Totoro smiles.

"Wh-what!?" the two of them erupted.

Itsuki somewhat jostled in his sleep, while Momo willed him to continue resting, feeling somewhat guilty for helping wake the child.

"What about the kid's parents? Where the hell are they?" Katsuki snarled. "You can't just give someone's kid up for adoption!"

"We've had our teams looking into our databases and he just... isn't coming up yet. There aren't any records of him. Until we either find his parents or a different situation, we may have to rely on you," explained the chief.

"I ain't ready to be a dad yet!" Katsuki shouted as Momo clung to Itsuki slightly.

"It's more like a temporary thing," one of the workers corrected. "Aizawa will be his 'legal guardian' while he resides with either one of you until graduation. Then, should you two become pro heroes and make a reasonable enough income and provide a stable living environment, you can be given his custody. Should that be something either of you desired."

"I... feel like that isn't supposed to be how something like this works..."

"Usually, you'd be correct, Miss Yaoyorozu. However this is a special situation, similar to the one of Eri." Momo smiled, recollecting the times with the small girl. She was glad all of that mess was over and the girl was happy and safe. "The boy is about the age she was when she was brought into the UA dorms. Lemillion and Suneater are working on providing her with a stable environment. And they show promise. They look to be adopting her in the next two or so months."

Katsuki scrunched his brow, glowering, and lowering his voice, "Are you saying we're supposed to adopt this kid after we graduate?"

Momo stroked the sleeping child's hair, looking very much his mother. Katsuki felt partially aggravated that she'd already bonded with the boy over such a short period of time, but also couldn't begrudge her as he felt the same. He just knew there was no time to care for an actual child while he was competing to be a number one hero.

"That... seems like a tough situation," Momo commented. "We're both still children ourselves... we'll still be naive and new to the world once we graduate. Is it wise to leave either of us in charge of this boy?"

The man scratched his beard, his age becoming apparent. He rolled his shoulders and regarded the two teenagers carefully.

"You're absolutely correct, once again, Miss Yaoyorozu. You're both much too young to be guardians of any child, nonetheless this one. But, somehow, within these short past few hours... he's gotten attached. He's imprinted on the two of you, and any disruption of that imprint might prove to be catastrophic. This child has a powerful quirk. We're not quite sure what it is yet," he informed them, seeing their confused expressions. "However, it's definitely something we'll have to be keeping an eye on and researching."