Chapter 7

Katsuki was incredibly uncomfortable with the situation he found himself in. Wearing an uptight, perfectly tailored monkey suit with a tie that matched Momo's light orange dress and trying his best not to scowl, he stood in front of Mr. and Mrs. Yaoyorozu for the first time in his life.

He thought he was nervous to have her meet his family.

The two heads of the Yaoyorozu family stood prim and proper, looking five times as dolled up and well groomed as Katsuki felt and infinitely more comfortable doing so. Momo's mother was beautiful, smiling warmly at him in greeting. Her father appeared stoic and protective, scrutinizing every inch of this young man that he could.

Itsuki stayed behind with "Uncle Eiji" and "Uncle Deku" for the day. His two "parents" agreed wholeheartedly that it would be a rather terrible idea for the young boy to tag along to this particular event. Especially considering the older Yaoyorozu couple knew nothing of him in the first place.

He was rather upset with them for leaving him behind but was quickly and easily soothed with promises of going out to town the following weekend for movies and ice cream.

Momo's mother had been very confused at the sudden shift in opinion from her daughter. Going from saying "I'll find someone" to "I'm in a relationship" was jostling to say the least. Momo defended herself by saying the relationship had been so new and she hadn't wanted put any sort of pressure on it in its budding stages. Which was something that the older woman ate right up.

"Welcome!" Momo's mother took her daughter into her arms and offered a slim, delicate hand to Katsuki upon releasing her. He and Momo had trained for this. He had this in the bag. Katsuki grasped her hand - respectful yet firm - and placed a chaste kiss to the back of her hand. "Oh! What a gentleman!" her mother cooed as she retrieved her hand from him. "What a pleasure to meet you!"

"The pleasure is mine, Mrs. Yaoyorozu."

"Oh! Call me Hanae, dear!"

"That will hardly be necessary, love," her husband interjected.

He offered an extended hand as Katsuki turned to regard him properly. He grasped it and found a surprisingly firm grip from the businessman. Guess CEO isn't as big of a wimp as I thought he'd be...

"Good to meet you, boy." The words were spoken in a charismatic enough of a voice that Katsuki almost didn't catch the steel-like sharpness in Momo's father's eyes. "I'm Yaoyorozu Akifumi."

"Nice to meet you, sir," he studied the man's face. "I'm-"

"Bakugou Katsuki. Quirk being explosions. Coming from parents who own a skincare company, correct?"

Katsuki hesitated. Looks like he wasn't the only one who had been preparing for this day. "Yes sir. That's right."

"Father," Momo interjected, looking nervous. "May we carry on the conversation over tea? I find it... rather awkward simply standing about the foyer like this."

Her mother smiled strongly, nodding her head along with her daughter. "Absolutely, my dear. Let's go to the parlor then."