Chapter 1 - Robbery

You've lived about 200 years, you had the money and influence enough to own a tall mansion, a private jet, a variety of restaurants, and more. You had experience in many, many different areas on planet Earth and could easily do more.

But you didn't.

Instead, you settled for a small home in New York and a coffee shop, well, the best coffee shop in the same city.

Working at the coffee shop was nice, it was quiet because it also had a small library and study section for those who needed it.

People loved going to your shop because it was large and spacy, but kept its element of comfort and humility.

You've learned that that was something people loved to be around, no matter who they were. Everyone found their way back to your shop.

Being the best cafe in New York meant you were also the richest cafe in New York. So this day wasn't unexpected and it wouldn't be the last.

You stood behind the counter of your shop, handing orders to your employees and getting the orders to the customers.

It wasn't busy, you had enough space and staff that busy didn't really come into play. You looked around your shop and saw everything running as it should.

Someone from the drive thru spoke to the staff, "We got an Irish coffee order with an egg biscuit."

You took that order, whipping up the fresh coffee and grabbing the biscuit from the oven, bagging the order and handing it to the employee.

They took care of it and you went to do your rounds out in the library and over at the tables.

"Everyobe doing okay here?" You asked sweetly, your voice genuine, unlike a lot of other people would be in another shop.

It was the overall atmosphere of the shop that made everything so pleasant. It even helped to calm your senses, which was good thing because vampires have heightened emotions that can be hard to control at times.

The people smiled and nodded their thanks as you did your rounds.

By the time you were back behind the counter, you noticed someone walk into the shop, looking around cautiously, assessing his surroundings.

Soon, five other men joined him, and they all walked to the counter. The way they moved and looked differed greatly from the feel of the shop, cutting through the cozy atmosphere like a knife.

People were ripped from their calm feeling and were put on slight caution and alert. A good amount of people turned to them, no longer pleasantly blissful as they were before.

The men continued walking up to the counter and it continued to disrupt everyone. This was not pleasing to you in the least bit.

With the calm disrupted, your emotions were with it. You were getting agitated as they continued to stalk forward.

People tried to go back to what they were doing, but were effectively unable to regain their comfortable feeling.

The first guy walked up and stood there. You put on a smile and said, "Welcome to the Coffee Bloom. How may I help you?"

The guy put a bag on the counter, the revealed a gun, setting it next to the bag and having it face you.

"You can start by loading it up." He said. You simply looked down at the bag and gun, redirecting your attention back to the guy.

"Or you can leave and have a nice day. You're disrupting my customers." You told him, motioning to the crowd of people who were now facing the counter in curiosity.