Chapter Seven

Shawn's POV

"It was Ian." Allison whispered.

My fingers curled into a fist against Ali's side. I clenched my jaw in anger.

"What!?"

I felt Ali flinch at my harsh voice.

"It was just a dream Shawn. Calm down!" Ali turned to look at me.

I slowly relaxed my jaw.

"I'm sorry baby." I said quietly.

I grabbed her trembling fingers.

Her soft cries tormented me as I tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, I'm here now, nobody will hurt you."

"Shawn, I'm sorry, this is such a stupid thing to be upset about."

I immediately interrupted her. "No it's not."

"Yeah, Shawn, it is, it was just a dream, and I'm being unreasonable."

I kissed her on the cheek.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked wearily.

She sighed. " I guess so. The dream scared me. The thought of loosing you, not being able to reach you. It was heartbreaking to feel the pain of never being able to be with you. I think at first it scared me when Ian stabbed me, that's why I freaked out at him earlier. But now, it doesn't really scare me. Only the thought of loosing you scares me the most."

Allison put her hand on my cheek. She let out a cute little giggle.

"Wow, that sounded really cheesy and cliche." She giggled again.

I smiled and pulled her closer to me.

"So how did the doctors appointment go?"

"Okay I guess. It was just the stomach bug that's been going around the school." Ali explained.

"Oh okay, well I'm glad you're better my Angel. I've missed your perky happiness."

Allison's POV

Shawn kissed me lightly at first. But when I kicked my leg out from under the blankets, he pressed his mouth harder against mine. When I moved on his lap as we sat up, I felt a tiny wave of dizziness. Ignoring it, I kept kissing Shawn. My legs were wrapped around his waist and his arms slowly reached for the hem of my shirt. Shawn slipped his hands under my shirt, pressing his palms against the warm skin of my lower back. Just as his hands crept up further, I felt a bigger wave of dizziness. This time I couldn't ignore it. My body fell limp against Shawn's.

"Ali?" Shawn removed his hands from under my shirt.

I waved a hand in front of his face.

"It's okay, I'm okay." I said, right before falling to the side of Shawn, sliding off his lap.

Shawn's arms supported me and I felt the world spinning.

"Allison?" Shawn asked again.

His meticulous fingers brushed my hair out of my face and felt my forehead, cheeks, and neck. At first I wasn't sure what he was doing. Until he pressed his forehead against my forehead then my cheek. He was checking for a fever.

"Hold on Ali, I'm gonna go get the thermometer."

My eyes shut and I let him go to the bathroom. I didn't know what was happening. Was this a pregnancy thing? I wasn't very informed about being pregnant. All I knew was from books I've read, and some TV shows. Morning sickness, missed period, bloating, cravings, and increased eating. I've had all of those. I guess I'll have to do some research. Maybe after school tomorrow I'll go to the library...