Chapter Twenty-Two

**BIG TIME HOP**
(Third Person POV)
It was now almost the end of May. Shawn and Allison's baby boy was due in a few weeks. Shawn had gotten a promotion at the music store. Allison had finished the school year online. After Christmas, they named their kitten Aubree. She was getting pretty big now. Allison and Shawn had transformed Ryan's old bedroom into a room for their baby. They still have not decided what to name him yet. The room is painted green with a painted on tree in the corner. There was a crib, a changing table, a rocking chair, and a toy box. Allison's baby shower is next week, so afterwards the room would be overflowing with gifts.

*********
Allison's POV

"Shawn I'm too fat to move." I groaned, pulling the covers over my head.

Immediately I ripped the blankets off again.

"IT IS TOO HOT!" I yelled.

Shawn laughed and kissed my forehead.

"You are so sweaty." Shawn told me.

"I know, it sucks being pregnant!" I complained.

"C'mon lets go eat breakfast." Shawn said and got out of bed.

He pulled me to my feet, my belly protruding outwards. I ran my hand over my stomach.

"He's getting so big." Shawn said, putting his warm hands on my belly.

Shawn put his arm around me and we walked downstairs.

Even with my white cotton tank top and black booty shorts I was still really hot.

"Why don't we have our air conditioner put in!?"

Shawn took his arm off of me. He was just wearing sweatpants and no shirt.

"How are you not boiling right now?!" I continued to yell.

Shawn put his hand on the small of my back.

"How does French toast sound?" Shawn asked me as I sat down at the counter.

"Fine."

Shawn laughed and began to take out the ingredients to make breakfast.

"Do you want me to help?" I asked.

"No! No, just stay there, you're fine. You don't have to get up." Shawn said, walking over to me holding a fork dripping with egg mix.

"You're getting on the floor!" I screeched and he put his hand underneath it.

"Don't worry about helping, I know your feet and back hurt so I don't mind making my beautiful fiancée some breakfast, okay?" Shawn told me, leaning against the counter to level his face with mine.

"You're so sweet." I told him.

"I know I am." He said and gave me a kiss.

He turned back around to finish cooking breakfast.

"So about the flowers for my bouquet? I was thinking either red and pink roses or white carnations with yellow daffodils." I said, flipping through a notebook that I had left on the counter.

It was filled with notes and ideas for our wedding. Karen and Kristen have been helping me with the planning. Ever since Aaliyah screamed at me on Christmas, we had this uneasy tension between us. She had never apologized, and I didn't have the guts to confront her about it. Kristen was going to be my maid of honor. On my dad's side I have only one cousin. She was going to be one of my bridesmaids, her name was Ella. My mom and my uncle didn't have any other siblings, so I didn't have any cousins on my mom's side. Aaliyah was going to be my other bridesmaid, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that. Shawn didn't like to talk about it. Even him and Aaliyah haven't been talking as much. He seems to be avoiding her. Shawn's best man was going to be Ian. How he deals with that after what happened on Christmas Eve, I don't know. He told me that he and Ian talked about it. Ian apologized to me on the day after Christmas. He had said that he didn't know what he was thinking and that he was sorry. I accepted his apology and there was never another word about it. Shawn's other groomsmen were some of his buddies from school, Brian and Lyall. The wedding was coming along nicely. We had planned on having it on August 19th. It was going to be outside in our backyard. My uncle and Shawn's dad are making an altar for the ceremony. It was white and was going to be decorated with whatever flower we decide on.

"Ummm what are carnations?" Shawn asked.

"Never mind, I'll go with roses then?"

"Yeah sure."

"Actually I'll have my bouquet have red and pink roses with white carnations. The bridesmaids can just have pink roses."

"Will that match with their dresses?" Shawn asked, the pan sizzling as he put a slice of bread on it.

"Yeah I think so."

The bridesmaids dresses were going to be silver. We haven't actually gone to get them yet. We have looked online for designs that we all like. My dress has been picked out, but I haven't gone to a fitting yet, for obvious reasons. Our baby is due on June 2nd. Hopefully that will give me enough time before the wedding to get back into shape to fit into the dress. We had it ordered to be a size bigger than what I was before I was pregnant. In case I can't lose the rest of the baby weight. Kristen was always saying how I was worrying too much about it. But doesn't every girl worry about what their body looks like for their wedding?

I guess that I had been lost in thought, because Shawn suddenly put a plate of French toast in front of me. I sat up, staring at him in wonder.

"You okay? You were just staring off into space for awhile." Shawn said, pulling out the stool next to me.

I took the fork and started to eat. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

Halfway done, I stopped, realizing how fast I was eating.

"Sorry! I was really hungry!" I said, taking a napkin and wiping my mouth.

Shawn was just staring at me, but then he began to laugh. He put his hand on my back.

"God, I love you so much." He said, leaning his cheek against my shoulder.

I felt my cheeks getting red.

School was out for the summer. We didn't really have any plans. Since today was Sunday, we both didn't have to work.

"So what do you want to do today, Angel?"

That made my cheeks warm again.

"I don't know, maybe work on some wedding stuff."

"Okay, but this afternoon I have something planned for us."

"Is it fun?" I asked excitedly.

"I don't know, it might not be."

"Well what are we doing?" I was confused, why would he want to do something that might not be fun?

"Ummm..." Shawn hesitated.

"Just tell me!" I pleaded.

"Okay fine. We're meeting Aaliyah for lunch."

"What?!" I yelled. "No freaking way, Shawn!"

"Yes, Allison. You need to do this. Do you really want to have our wedding without her in it? C'mon, you guys used to be so close. You need to make this right with her. I know it was her fault, but you gotta be the better person and apologize." Shawn's voice was calming.

I sighed. "Okay, fine I'll go."

Shawn stood up to wrap me in his arms. Even with the heat, I stayed curled up to his chest. My belly usually got in the way, but since I was sitting, it was a little easier. We swayed back and forth, enjoying the presence of each other.