Chapter Fourteen

Allison's POV

*3 weeks later*

"Shawn!!" I yelled down the stairs.

"Yeah?!" He answered.

"I need help!"

I heard him coming up the stairs and I ran back to the closet in the hallway. Shawn came into view at the top of the stairs.

"I can't reach that box of pictures." I said, leaning on my tip toes to reach. My fingertips barely reached the shelf. Shawn just reached his arm a little ways to get the box for me.

He handed me the box.

"Thank you." I said, pulling on his shirt for a kiss.

Shawn leaned down and kissed me.

"So what do you need those pictures for?"

"Oh I was just gonna make a Christmas card with pictures from our childhood to us now."

"Oh, that's a good idea."

"What are you doing downstairs?" I asked.

"Hanging up decorations in the kitchen and dining room." Shawn said.

I placed the box on the ground and reached for Shawn. He pulled me closer to him. My arms wrapped around his waist and his hands rested gently on my hips.

"This is my first Christmas without my parents and grandparents." I explained sadly.

"Now we can start our own tradition." Shawn exclaimed positively.

He placed his hand on my belly, which now has a noticeable bump. Shawn put his face near my stomach and gently kissed it. Oh my god that was so adorable. I love him so much, he's going to be such a great father.

"We have an appointment today at 2:30." I said, leaning against Shawn's chest.

"Okay, will we find out the sex of the baby?"

"I think so."

"Okay, I'm gonna go finish up with the decorations." Shawn kissed me on the cheek then went back downstairs.

I hauled the box of old pictures into our room. Dust from years of storage flew into my face as I slammed the heavy box on my desk. Coughing, I waved a hand in from of my face. From the top of the box, I could tell that the pictures were frayed and folded. Some even cut or stained. The first one I pulled out was of Shawn and I on the first day of middle school. My long brown hair had been in cut short to my shoulders. I also had side bangs. Oh my god, my hair was a disaster. The painfully ugly pink shirt I was wearing did not match my blue skirt. Who let me wear this? Ewww. My shoes were just white sandals with bows on them. Over my shoulder, I carried a purple bag with Hannah Montana and iCarly stickers on it. I turned my attention to 12 year old Shawn. He has just turned 12 a few weeks before, I had a couple weeks until I was 12. Shawn was wearing a red and white striped t-shirt with faded blue jeans. His brand new black sneakers shined in the sun. Slung around his shoulders was a Harry Potter backpack. Our nervous smiles made me laugh. This one is definitely not going on the Christmas card. I continued to shuffle through the pictures, until the phone rang.

I got up to see who it was, as I heard Shawn answer it downstairs.
When I began to walk down the stairs, I stopped when I heard my name. I sat down on a step.

"Allison doesn't want to!" Shawn yelled.

Doesn't want to do what? I wondered. Who could he be talking to?

"No dad, I want to be alone with her this year. Maybe Christmas afternoon, we can come over. I want to spend Christmas Eve with my new family." Shawn explained.