Chapter four

We've gone back to the bakery to get some food as a "peace offering" , as Maze calls it, for the next few houses we visit.

Just a bunch of small baskets full of a few different sweets and it has this HUGE red bow on top.

"Okay guys, I think we can just fit in one more house for today because I have to pick my dad up from the airport and you guys CAN'T do this without me." Troye says giving us all serious looks.

"And what if we do?" Maze pokes him playfully. Okay then.

"You won't. I will hate you forever." Troye replies.

I give them both long stares , I look at Troye's big blue eyes and then at Maze's small grayish blue one's.

These boys are quite attractive.

Jason is the nerdy, geeky cute guy though. He has ruffly brown hair and all that cute stuff that makes me weak in the knees. Did I mention that his eyes are green? Well, THEY'RE GREEN.

I get in the car once I realize that I'm really creepy and should not be allowed near humans.

***

We've been driving for half an hour now, I don't think Troye knows where he's going.

"Troye, do you know where you're going?" I ask ,

"Actually babe, the place is quite far. Well, it was far from where we began." Maze answers.

Raya gives him a deathly glare and then turns towards him.

"Don't call her babe." She whips back into her earlier position and crosses her arms .

This is why i love my best friend.

Maze let's out a slow whistle and the car becomes silent again.

Finally we come to a motel. This can't be right.

Troye parks the car in an empty parking space and gets out.

Then we all do the same. This must be the place where Jake took some of the girls that he hooked up with to. Seems pretty creepy though, I would just run away and call the cops.

"What the hell did he do here?" Raya asks Troye.

"We don't know but, I intend to find out."

Troye locks the car and walks into a small office. The four of us walk in after him .

There's a man at the reception desk, he's wearing a lose T-shirt and jeans and his hair is combed back.

Raya leans over and whispers in my ear, " ew ", I give her a disapproving look.

"You kids want one room or three rooms or two?" The receptionist asks. He looks bored with his life.

"Let me cut right to the chase. You know Jake?" Troye asks,

The receptionist's eyes widen a bit, " Taylor , that boy?"

"Yes" I say quickly.

"Well of course! He would drop in nearly every weekend. Nice kid. Shame, what happened. He helped me, a lot." He looks down and fiddles with his thumbs.

"If you don't mind us asking, how exactly did he help you? He was a good friend of ours, you see." Maze says,

The receptionist looks up at us and he seems to be breathing a bit fast.

"Uh-um just-let me-uh," he goes under the table and starts to fiddle with a few things, sounds like keys. He comes back up with a key,

"Can we go in to my room? Uh- it's more-uh- private." His eyes are big and he holds the key up for all of us to see.