Chapter Two

A/n - hey guys, I'm sorry if this chapter seems a little off.... I'm a wee bit broken because my dog died today... I started writing this chapter today.... This day started out good because I saw that someone had read what I had written and then it got worse because my lab retriever, black and called Fudge died
.. It was so horrible.... Please try and understand :(

***

It's about 1 am . I can't sleep. It's Sunday, the day of Jake's funeral.

After tossing and turning for another ten minutes I decide that there's no possible way on earth that I'd fall back asleep. I get out of my bed and walk around my room for a while. I know, it's a little weird but, it helps me in some strange way.

After walking around for a couple of minutes I sit down on the left side of my bed and see Jake's Phone lying face down on the nightstand.

I remember one of my friends once told me that you could learn a lot about a person simply by listening to the music they like.

I think I deserve to know what Jake was like. I mean, I was the last person that he was with before he died, and I don't know much about him.

I grabbed his phone off the nightstand and unlocked it. I see the picture of him with a couple of friends next to a sports car again. After staring at his wallpaper a wave of guilt washes over me. How could I go through a dead person's phone even though I don't know him personally? What woul

e and Jake's other friends say if they saw me right now? It would go all around the school that Melanie looked through Jake Taylor's phone after he died and that I was heartless and didn't respect him an-

Wait.

Jake's friends wouldn't know if I looked at his music. There's no harm in looking through it either. I have nothing to feel guilty about.

I  click on the music icon. 163 songs. He had three playlists. One was recently added, the other was ":/" and the last one was ":3".

So bad boy probably doesn't know how to express his feelings.

Skipping recently added, I open ":/" .

In there I found a few songs  I recognized like how to save a life by the fray, small bump by Ed Sheeran and then around ten others that I didn't know.

That's probably a playlist for when he feels moody or something.

Then the next one was ":3" . I open it and I find it full of old songs by Abba and The Beatles  then more Ed Sheeran. I don't know why but, just seeing the songs in this playlist made me feel happy. This was definitely the feel good playlist.

I scroll through the recently added, most of which consisted of iron maiden and a couple of mixes that I recognized.

I put his phone aside and lay back down on my bed, it's around 3 am now. I should be sleeping, Raya and I are planning to leave by 12 for the funeral.