Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Damien Gray

“Brian,” Anthony nodded at Luke’s father.

Anthony had not been kidding when he said others would rise up against us. Mountain Peak had around two hundred and twenty members. Standing behind Brian were somewhere around twenty or thirty of them, backing him up.

“Alpha,” Brian replied in the same tone Anthony had used.

“This isn’t something public,” Anthony said, looking the shifters standing behind Brian.

“They are here with me to protest.”

Despite Brian’s words, I had to give him props for acting civilized, a department in which Luke was lacking.

“To protest what?” Anthony asked.

Brian, who was Anthony’s third in command, should have been in the spot I took. While I was standing on Anthony’s right, Wayne was on his left. Emilia was next to me, but I made sure to keep her a step behind. Sebastian was leaning against the building wall, with his arms crossed.

“I want Luke back. I hear you locked him up.” His words were directed to the Alpha, but Brian was looking at me when he spoke.

“I’m not letting him go.”

“So you’re going to lock up anyone who tells you how weak your daughter’s mate is?” he asked, in a defying tone.

Everyone went quiet after Brian made that snarky comment, everyone except Sebastian. He broke out laughing uncontrollably and enough to gain everyone’s attention.

“Seriously,” he said in between laughs. “Your cockiness is for nothing. Maybe you should ask Lukey boy how exactly he got locked up.”

Brain growled at Sebastian, and he tried to take a step forward, but he didn’t get too far. I was surprised when it was the same people from the pack who kept him back.

“You don’t belong to the pack. Humans don’t have a say or a part in our world,” Brian growled.

“You should be careful with your words. We did manage to capture Luke. Although, I can’t say it was that hard. The guy’s a little on the slow side,” Sebastian casually commented.

Brian became angrier with each word that Sebastian spoke.

“Anthony locked him up. That wasn’t fair for Luke. Anthony’s an Alpha, he’s naturally stronger,” Brian explained to Sebastian, in a condescending tone.

“You say that and yet you still want to take over the pack? Stupid much?” Sebastian asked, and there was a grin on his face. He was all too aware of what his words were doing to Brian.

Anthony didn’t even try to intervene when Brian went after Sebastian. It almost seemed like he wanted to see how Sebastian would handle the attack.

“Seb,” I sighed, knowing it wasn’t going to end well for Brian.

“What? I’m not doing anything.” Sebastian raised his hands innocently, just before Brian was in his face.

Brian aimed his fist at Sebastian’s jaw, but he easily swerved it, only to have Brian go at him again.

“Stop,” I ordered.

I held my hand out to keep Brian standing still. I was glad that Sebastian listened and actually stopped any attack he was planning.