Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Damien Gray

What the hell does one do in a crap situation like the one I was in? For a minute I considered saying the line ‘down boy’.

But then I thought against it.

He’d probably get offended if I implied he was anything other than a Wolf.

The Wolf was staring at me intently, but he made no move to come forward. I kept my gaze on him only because I was waiting for him to attack. If he did, whether I exposed myself or not, I was going to attack back.

The black Wolf caught me off guard when he made a noise that sounded like a bark, before turning away and running off.

I was still on the ground, shocked by what had happened. I sat there for a few more minutes, wondering if maybe I had imagined it.

“Damien!” Emilia calling my name rather loudly snapped me out of my thoughts.

I picked myself from the ground, and noticed she was running to me with what looked like a worried expression.

“Are you okay? What happened?” Emilia asked as soon as she reached me.

She wrapped her arms tightly around my waist, and I embraced her in an awkward hug.

“I’m fine,” I told her.

I wasn’t physically hurt. I simply felt strange. I was thinking back to that short encounter I had with that black Wolf. He hadn’t hurt me though and I didn’t know whether that was a good thing or bad thing.

“What are you doing out here?” Emilia asked me.

Her hands moved up to hold the sides of my face.

She felt warm, so I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed her body closer to me. I rested my forehead against hers, and took a few breaths of fresh air mixed with Emilia’s scent.

That was definitely enough to calm my erratic beating heart.

“What are you doing out here?” Emilia asked again.

“I came for a walk,” I told her, leaving out the part where I’d crashed into a Wolf.

If the Wolf was from Emilia’s pack, something told me she already knew what had happened. She was probably playing dumb and waiting for me to spill my guts about it.

Is that what a human would do? I had to think that one over, in a stretch attempt to keep my identity hidden.

“There was a Wolf, I think,” I added.

I looked down, pulling myself away from Emilia.

“He didn’t hurt you, did he?” She asked, closing the distance I had just created.

“Not so much.”

I was probably acting strange. Hell, I felt strange. I needed to see Sebastian. Telling him about the Wolf now didn’t seem so bad. Maybe letting Emilia admit she was a Werewolf would’ve been easier.

I wouldn’t have to hide so much or pretend like I was clueless when I knew exactly what was going on.

“My house is a few ways in that direction. We could go there,” Emilia told me.

She was pointing in the direction where the Wolf had left too.