Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Damien Gray

“Damien!” Cassidy was the first to greet me when we stepped outside. She had jumped out of the truck, looking too hyper for someone who had just been in a long road trip.

When Cassidy stepped in front of me, she wrapped her arms around my neck. The audible growl coming from beside me did not go unnoticed by the group gathered around. It had been Emilia.

Layton had a smile on his face, and he took his time walking our way. After my first meeting with Cassidy, I expected Layton to be the one getting overprotective with her.

Cassidy pulled away when she noticed the glare Emilia was shooting her way.

“Cassidy, this is my mate, Emilia,” I introduced.

As soon as Cassidy let me go, Emilia wrapped her arm around my waist and pressed herself to my side. I instinctively draped my arm around her shoulders.

Anthony was looking at us with amused eyes. When I turned to face Sebastian, I realized his eyes had remained on Cassidy.

He was openly staring at her.

“And this is my cousin, Sebastian,” I said, nodding in Seb’s direction.

“Hey,” Cassidy said, and she walked closer and gave Sebastian a hug as well. From long talks between Cassidy and me, she already knew all about Sebastian.

That action earned a growl from Layton, who had noticed the way Sebastian was looking at Cassidy.

“You don’t look tough,” another voice said. When I looked away from Sebastian, Cassidy, and Layton, I noticed the guy that had just gotten out of the same SUV.

“Me?” I asked, because his eyes were on me.

“Damien?” He asked.

I nodded, and he grinned at me.

“I’m Zeverus,” he introduced, sticking out his hand for me to shake.

He was carrying a duffel bag, and he was the only one who seemed to have something on him. Behind him, there were a few other guys getting luggage out of the trucks.

“You didn’t have to carry that. Someone could’ve done it for you,” I told him, nodding at the duffel bag he was carrying.

“It’s cool, I have papers we’re going to need in a bit,” he said.

Anthony and Layton had already started talking. I noticed that Layton had kept Cassidy on his side and away from Sebastian.

“So you’re the new Alpha?” Zeverus asked, as we made our way towards Anthony and Layton.

“Not yet, but I will be,” I shrugged.

“I’ve met you before,” Zeverus said, his eyes on Emilia.

“Yes, in one of the gatherings,” Emilia nodded.

“You two haven’t mated?” Zeverus casually asked. Like if his question hadn’t been completely personal.

I didn’t know it was obvious by just looking at us. Emilia blushed and looked away, seeming embarrassed by his comment.

“We haven’t,” I replied, only because I wasn’t sure if it was rude not to say anything back.