Chapter 7

Among several Officers I heard that we were going to a neutral planet to pick up a few supplies that weren't accessible to us on earth. What they were getting I had no clue.

I was walking down an empty corridor when there was a loud crash behind me. I whipped around my eyes wide. I was surprised to find my twin brother on the floor surrounded by small packages of food.

"Lucas are you okay?" I asked, running up to him.

He sat up rubbing the back of his head, "Yeah I'm fine." He shook his head, blinked a few times then shook his head once more.

"Are you sure?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Yes," he growled. He pushed himself to his feet reaching for a food package as he did so. I reached a hand out to help him, but he only smacked it away.

"I'm only trying to help."

"I'm not blind. I can see what needs to be picked up."

Then with that he was gone, down the corridor. If only he could understand how much trouble he could get himself in if he continued to hide the fact that he was going blind.

"All Interns please make your way to the bridge."

Sighing I picked myself up from the floor. We must've landed already.

As I made my way outside close behind Hunk I quickly learned that we were going to be camping outside the ship. I thought about turning around, but Hunk had convinced me to join the others. So here I was approaching a small campsite, as not everyone could leave the Atlas.

Just outside the town the desert was covered in rustic tinted sand. In the distance were cliffs smoothed from years of sand blowing against them.

"Can't wait to be spending a few days here," Peyton said. He stopped by my side, "Are you?"

"I'm sorry what?" I asked, turning to face him.

"I was talking with Pidge earlier and she mentioned something about staying a few days."

I shook my head in disbelief. There was one time I went camping with my dad and brother, and I ended up freaking out the whole night. We were in our backyard. We didn't even go to an actual wooded area to sleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hannah."

The voice was a high pitched whisper that invaded my peaceful slumber. I groaned rolling over pulling my blanket with me. It was a miracle that I even was able to get to sleep. Now someone wanted to take that away?

"Hannah!" The voice whispered again, pushing my shoulder as they did so.

Having enough I threw the blanket back, and sat up glaring at the person who dared to interrupt my sleep.

I came face to face with Peyton. His eyes were wide behind his glasses that lay crooked on his face.

"I-I'm sorry did I wake you?" Peyton asked, straightening his glasses.

"Yes, but do you need something?" I asked still not quite over the fact that he did in fact wake me.

"I found something really interesting and I wanted to show you guys!"

I looked at him with complete and utter hatred, "And this couldn't wait till morning because?" I asked my voice going an octave higher on the last word. I smiled at him. You know the kinda smile you give someone when you are completely done with people's shit, but don't want to tell them directly? Yeah that's what my face looked like.