Chapter 10

"Track that ship! Track it now!" Shiro ran through the doors to the bridge. Seconds passed before a blip appeared on the screen before him. Just moments before everyone had been walking back to the campsite calm despite the fact that Kiera had almost died along with the red lion resurfacing. Then there was yelling and screaming and then Galra appearing. No one had a chance to react before Kiera, Keith, and the red lion were surrounded. Moments later they were loaded on the Galra ship and that's when Shiro's legs decided to respond to his brain

"We still have a chance to catch them before they have a chance to jump through a wormhole." A young pilot exclaimed excitedly.

A rapid beep drew their attention back to the screen. The white dot that represented Kiera and Keith's location was flickering. It flickered several more times before the entire screen glitched and the dot was gone.

"What the hell happened?" Lance asked, coming up behind the group. Hunk and Pidge were right behind their interns gathering right behind them.

"Prepare the atlas for take off we need to catch them now." Shiro turned toward the group behind him, "former paladins meet me in the conference room. Interns please return to your rooms, except for Peyton. Peyton please join us in the conference room."

XXXXX

"This is so unfair," Hannah groaned. She was currently draped across her bed on her back like a teenager having a dramatic breakdown.

"Unfair?" Samantha asked, lowering her book in her hands. The only thing she found herself able to do. The younger interns had been in her care and it had gone to hell in a matter of minutes. "How's this unfair?"

Hannah rolled over onto her stomach. Her hair falling around her shoulders as she began to fiddle with the blanket. "Kiera and Peyton are more involved than we are." Hannah sighed, "I just want to be useful."

"Kiera is more involved than she wants to be. She's been captured by the Galra. What about that is fair? And Peyton has created an algorithm to locate the lions, which we will need in order to rescue Keith and Kiera." Samantha snapped, closing the book and dropping it onto the table beside her, "So if you can enlighten me on how that's unfair it would be gratefully appreciated."

By this time Hannah was sat up fully, her hands gripping the blanket beneath her. "It's not. I'm just wanting to help and instead we're sent to our rooms as if we're just kids. I'm more than old enough to help."

"And you can," Hunk said from the doorway, "Come on. We need you both in the conference room. We've located both the yellow and blue lions."

Samantha and Hannah both lept from where they were seated and into a light jog down the hall and into the conference room. Lucas wasn't far behind, joining the group a few minutes later.

He took a seat next to his twin and Shiro continued his explanation. The plan was that they would go together and security was going to be tight. They couldn't afford to lose another former paladin or intern.

"Hannah," Lucas whispered, drawing his sister's attention. He was more than surprised when her voice came from the other side of him. He turned toward her, eyes narrowing. He was just able to make out her white shirt.

"Lucas, could you not see me?" Hannah whispered back her hand, found his and she gave it a gentle squeeze.

Lucas dropped his head into his free hand. "I laid down for a few minutes because my head was hurting and when I woke up I could barely see three inches in front of my face."

"We need to tell the paladins!" Hannah whispered yelled at her brother. This had gone on long enough.

"No! They can't know!"