Chapter 14

(Chloe)

I woke up the next day, feeling alive, refreshed, and happy….until I remembered last night.

Oh god, me and Jack…..kissed?!

What the hell?! My life is ruined!

I’m gonna be targeted by every girl on campus.

But, I felt, oddly enough, happy…

 Agh! Why?! Why did he make me feel so……happy?!

I hopped out of bed; Jack’s face and smile still lingering in my mind. His sweet kind words, his handsome face, his soft lips…..

Ahhhh! Now I’m day dreaming about him!?

I wanted today to end. I didn’t want to go to school and face those girls.

I could already here myself cry.

“Skank,” Angela cried. Yes, it was the same Angela from my first day of school.

She had officially declared herself as Jack’s one and only, and that made her a wee bit crazy.

She had tried getting rid of every girl in Jack’s life, namely Me, Mara, Zelia, Erika, and of course, Anna.

She failed, since Jack would always come in the nick of time to stop her. And yet, she wouldn’t quit.

“You’re one huge slut,” she continued, her pack of friends surrounding me like wolves. “The school’s already talking about how you and Eliot are an item, then there’s Erick, who’s your ‘Study Buddy’. And now, you make out with Jackson Wilde?! What kind of dirty-“

She started rambling about me being…well…..you know. I had just arrived and was being treated like a prostitute by Angela and her crew.

She started cracking her knuckles. She was in the Taekwondo club, and no ordinary girl wanted to have a cat fight with her, but I wasn’t an ordinary girl. I grew up with four older siblings. I can handle myself in a fight better than anyone.

I dropped my bag and gave her my best Anime death stare.

The people around us, watching like spectators, grew quiet. The tension in the air was visible, the silence unbearable, the crowd, eager to watch a cat fight unravel. A few even had their phones to video tape it.

Before any of us could move, I heard the distinct tapping of shoes.

We all turned and saw Jack, walking towards us with Michael, grinning like he didn’t feel the atmosphere around the place.

He reminded me of Shanks, from One Piece, what with his friend by his side, and that casual grin, and that aura of greatness….

“Oi, Oi,” he said, stopping right in front of us. He scanned the area, like a lion, looking for its prey.

“Jack,” I whispered, starting to relax. My heart pounded, my face felt hot. Just by looking at him, I felt…..weird.

“What’s goin’ on here?” he asked nonchalantly.

“Jackie, this bitch had the nerve to challenge me to a fight,” cried Angela, as if she was the victim in our little fiasco.

I saw Jack’s face twist in a slight twinge of annoyance, but quickly returned back to his casual self.

He raised an eyebrow. “Is this because of last night at the play?”

“Yes!” Angela cried. “And she’s been saying that you and her were just acting, as if i-“