Chapter 10

(Jackson)

That night, all six of them came over. Fortunately, they’re parents allowed them. Also, Erika couldn’t resist bringing Sam. I haven’t seen him since we met at the mall.

“Hey again,” he said, smiling. “Uh, Erika invited me over, is that okay?”

I chuckled. “No problem. It has been a while. I know we’ve only met once, but Erika isn’t one to trust easily, so if she’s okay bringing you here, I am too.”

He nodded. Unlike Song, he was calm and cool, and his English wasn’t half bad.

“Hello, Jackson,” Song said, stepping through my doorway.

“Song, nice work on that goal, man,” I said, patting his back. “What brings you here?”

He blushed, looking at Zel and saying, “Zelia invited me. I wanted to help…”

I raised an eyebrow. I looked behind him and saw Zel giving me a look that said, ‘What? Don’t judge me, Wilde.’

I turned to Song. “Thanks for coming over. We need all the help we can get.”

He nodded, feeling awkward as usual.

My dad was coming home late, and my siblings were staying in their rooms, saying that they wouldn’t interrupt us as long as I didn’t do anything stupid in front of Chloe.

I mean, how hard could it be?

We went in my room and immediately got settled for a long night.

It was still six, but we needed a lot of things done, so we started as soon as possible.

We decided to work separately and in different areas so we could get more work done.

Since all of the costumes we were gonna use were just plain jeans and t-shirts, Mara and Erika helped Leon, along with Sam, design the props.

They moved to the living room where they could work in peace.

Zelia, and Song went in the kitchen to sell tickets online and post on our school’s website, as well as browse the net for things we might need.

Michael stayed at the garage, trying to learn how to work all the lightings and special effects.

So, that left Chloe and me in my room to repair the script.

I was so embarrassed since my room had a lot of Movie posters on things like Transformers, Star Wars, and Spider Man.

There were books of fantasy and love. My PopFiction books mixed in with My Rick Riordan’s and N.E.R.D.S., and those were just the ones in the front. Behind them were Theodore Boone, Mysterious Benedict Society, and other odd books I recommend for readers, but not to her. I didn’t want her to think I was a dork.

And, it was Anime Freak central. Figurines in one shelf, DVD’s on the other, posters on one wall and costumes in one closet. God, I must’ve looked like a total nerd.

I know girls find that stuff weird, well, some do, and why would she be different?

Then again…..

I looked at her. Oddly enough, she looked like she was holding something back, like she wanted to say or ask something, but was afraid to do it.

We worked on the script for hours, debating and agreeing on scenes and lines.

Finally, it was around eleven.