Chapter 7

“You’re in the clouds dude,” Erika said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I shook my head as I stepped back into reality. I tended to do a lot of daydreaming, and it sometimes got out of hand.

“His ears are turning red,” Zelia pointed out, looking at me, smiling broadly.

I took a step back and covered my ears. “They are not.”

She raised an eyebrow.

 “Ooooh, someone’s defensive,” she sang, tilting her head from side to side.

“I am not,” I said, slightly louder.

“Aww, is our little Jackie in love?” Erika teased. “Have you finally gotten over Anna, then?”

I lowered my hands and sighed. “Not in the slightest.”

I brushed past her and called out to everyone in the auditorium, clapping my hands in the progress to get everyone’s attention.

There were around a hundred people here, mostly good friends and girls crushing on me, but it was still a pretty good turnout.

A few guys looked up and a few girls giggled and started to gossip.

“Alright guys,” I said, my voice echoing throughout the room. “Thanks to everyone who came to help me make this play. We have two weeks to do it, but I think we can handle that. Now, today we separate the actors from the props men. Those who want to star in the play, please take a flyer from Zelia.”

I gestured to Zel, who was holding a large stack of papers.

“If you lose it, you can’t audition,” I continued.

A lot of them left the group and headed for Zelia as she handed the flyers out as best as she could to the eager crowd.

“Next are the props,” I said. “Leon will be in charge of that area. To those ready to sign up, please do.”

A few walked over to Leon and signed on the clipboard he held.

“Finally, Erika and Mara will handle make up and costumes,” i pointed to Erika, who was holding a sign up sheet. “Those who are left are free to choose.”

The remaining few separated, going to different of my friends as they signed up.

I turned to Chloe and Michael. “We’re gonna be the directors. We see to it that we can get this done. We need our script, our title, and tickets. Michael, tell Leon his first assignment is designing the poster.”

He nodded and left.

“You and I are going to make a script,” I said, looking at Chloe.

She looked at the people who were gathered around Zelia. I had tasked her to choreograph the movements of each actor and actress. I called Song, and he was willing to help, especially since I mentioned Zel. He had texted that he was on his way, which made me less worried.

“Um, what about all those people?” Chloe asked, pointing to the line of actors and actresses. “If we still don’t have a script, what will they use for their piece?”

“Don’t worry,” I said, taking out my Finding Cinderella book. “We just have to let them recite a few lines and we’re good.

Me, Chloe, and Michael sat in front of the stage, leaning on a long judges table.