Giggleyum (Part 2)

Poppy, Smidge, and the other leaders were in Branch's bunker.

Poppy was telling Branch why she asked for his rations, "And then I said, 'Oh, yeah, Sky? Well, we'll show you we can do it and we know just the Troll to help.' And then we came to you and asked to borrow your rations and then you said-"

Barb interrupted, "Ok, PopSqueak, he was here for that part."

Branch said, "And of course you can use my rations. If it's edible, I've got a jar full of it."

Trollex took a jar of..."Crunchy Swamp Moss?"

Branch said, "It's way better than creamy swamp moss. Try it."

Trollex opened the jar and an unpleasant odor filled the room.

Queen Essence then said, "Thanks, Branch, but I think we should go ahead and start mixing flavors."

They all went ahead and started mixing the rations to try and create a substitute for Sparkle-Melon.

But, they couldn't get it right for a while.

Some mixtures even had strange side effects, like color changes, sudden muscle growth, one even went through the table and floor, like acid.

Delta finally said, "Alright, y'all, this is our last try. We used up everything."

Smidge took a spoonful and said, "It's still not right."

Everyone groaned, but Branch said, "We're close. I think I know what this needs."

***

"Gigglefruit."

They went to a forest of trees.

Barb said, "Dude, I don't see any fruit."

Branch said, "Of course not yet. To harvest it, we have to make the trees laugh."

Branch then took out a microphone, "Why did the tree get in trouble? 'Cause it was being knotty!"

There was nothing but silence.

"Get it? Knotty? Like a knot!"

Still silence.

The others facepalmed as Branch said, "I don't get it. That one usually brings the house down."

Prince D said, "A house of what? Paint drying?"

Branch continued, "A tree, a bush, and a flower walk into a field and the flower says...Wait. Or was it a vine?"

Trollex then took the mic and said, "Ok, if you're gonna tell jokes, at least do it right."

"How does a Techno Troll fix a flat tire? He pumps it up!"

That joke got the trees to laugh.

Trollex turned to Branch and said, "And that's how it's done."

Branch took a fruit and squirted it into the mixture.

Poppy mixed it and asked, "Well, Smidge?"

Smidge took a bite and was gripped with the flavor.

***

They took it to Sky, who had the same reaction, "It doesn't taste like Sparkle-Melon, but it's way better than Sparkle-Melon."

Smidge said, "I know. It's my new favorite flavor."

Sky said, "Mine, too."

He then ordered everyone in the factory to stopped what they were doing and start making the new frosting, which they called...

Giggleyum!

Not too later, the markets were packed with Trolls asking for Giggleyum, with or without cakes.

Sky thanked them as joy margins had never been higher.

Poppy was just happy that Smidge got a new favorite flavor.

However, when Smidge tried to get a Giggleyum cupcake, she was horrified to see that every stand was out of all things Giggleyum.

Poppy reassured her, "Don't worry, Smidge. I'm sure there's more on the way."

But one of Sky's workers whispered to him, "I'm afraid there's no more on the way."

They all went, "What?!"