Chapter 1

Soft white clouds rolled slowly, lazily across the sky, as Katsuki took in his surroundings, just as lackadaisical. Now that they were third years, Katsuki had been paired with Yaoyorozu on a training patrol with Aizawa. The class had been broken up into pairs of two and were each taking turns patrolling with the various teachers from UA. And... while it was a good thing the city was so peaceful... he was bored out of his goddamn mind.

He had no idea why he was with fucking Yaoyorozu of all people, on top of it, but he didn't really mind much. If it had to be anyone out of his shitty classmates, he was glad it was one of the least annoying people possible. Much better than stupid Deku or the shitty four eyes.

Katsuki just didn't understand why he was paired with someone who's quirk was creating things . He destroyed things. Obviously he'd worked with her before; they'd only been in the same class for three fucking years.

And boy had they improved over the years at UA. In their third year, the spots for the top three were rough competition. He and Todoroki were constantly fighting for third while Momo and Deku held second and first respectively.

No one had quite expected Momo to be in the top three, but he knew. She was got in UA on recommendation just like the hot cold bastard. She was number one in grades and was an excellent strategist. Her quirk was extremely versatile and useful in many different situations. Momo was an adaptable hero, which was great kind of hero to have. She'd made leaps and bounds in combat situations as well, learning to wield the kinds of weapons she could produce from her body. Katsuki knew from personal experience that her hand to hand combat skills were nothing to scoff at.

"Bakugou?" A soft voice interrupted his musings.

He spared a glance in her direction, acknowledging her concerned expression.

"What's up, Ponytail?"

"Are you alright? You've been spacing out since we left..."

"It's fine. Just bored."

Aizawa grunted behind them. "You shouldn't have that kind of attitude while out on a patrol, Bakugou. That'll get you in trouble."

"Yes, sir," Katsuki relented, knowing not to argue with his teacher of three years.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. People out walking dogs, going window shopping, entering and exiting cafes... just a normal, everyday kind of day. This was to be expected and it's what most heroes faced while doing regular patrols. It's what heroes wanted to see on patrol. While Katsuki found the everyday happenings of their city beyond boring, he still wanted the citizens to have this kind of peace in their day to day lives.

That's what they were there for, after all.

Suddenly, Aizawa stopped.

Momo was immediately in hero mode, ready to create something should they find themselves in need. Katsuki listened and watched for any signs of trouble. Aizawa had years of experience over both of them, and it was clear something was amiss.

It was faint, but they could hear shouting from somewhere further off. Police sirens and dogs barking assaulted them as they broke into a dash towards the commotion. It was critical for pro heroes to arrive on the scene as soon as possible, offering assistance to their police forces.

As the trio rounded the corner, they were met with the sight of a large, beast like man being shot at by officers. He roared, deep and guttural, causing windows in the nearby buildings to shake. Several individuals dressed in all black rode atop the man, shielding themselves from the gunshots as best they could.

Katsuki held off on just exploding in. That was something else he'd been working on the past few years. Unlike his first year self, he didn't just jump ahead anymore. The situation needed to be assessed - quickly - before any actions were taken.