Chapter 5: Up, Out, In

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. They all belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter Five: Up, Out, In
Lottie's Point of View

I woke up feeling groggy. Violently groggy. My face was buried in the crook of my elbow, and the mattress seemed to have turned into a rock. I raised my head and raised my chin on my elbow. I was on the floor. The Weasley's living room floor, to be exact. What I was doing there, as well how and why I got there was a complete mystery. I knew Alex would remember. I rose up into a position not to dissimilar to a seal and looked around properly. Alex was on the couch just above where I was, her feet dangling over the back of the sofa and her head almost the entire wrong way up, "Al ... Alex ... Al ... Dude ... Al ... Duuuuuude ..."

"Uuuuuuuuhh ... Fuck ooooffffff ..." Alex grumbled, then turned onto her side. I frowned at her as she did so. That couldn't possibly be comfortable. I managed to pull myself up properly, sitting on my butt and half crossing my legs. I sighed, and using the table for support, got myself standing upright.

I looked around the living room and it looked like an alcoholic war zone. A game of Monopoly returned to my memory, and I spotted the board in the corner of the room. I stepped over what from a distance looked like a hotel and was heading towards the kitchen, until I passed the window to the back porch.

I stopped in my tracks, backed up slowly and peered out the window. There, curled up in a ball and using a garden chair cushion for a pillow, was Fred Weasley. I gasped, panicked a little and fumbled to get the door unlocked. I managed to find the right key after five tries, threw the door open and have it swing back behind me. A whisper shout is an extremely difficult thing to do. They're entirely the opposite of each other, "Fred! Fred! Freeeeeeed!"

"Ugh ... Uuuuugghh ..." Fred flinched, then stretched his legs out and rolled onto his back. His eyes slowly began to flutter open, and you could see how I was slowly becoming more focused in his vision by his changing expression, "L-Lottie? W ... What?"

"You must be absolutely freezing!" I said,

"I ... Yeah ... Yeah, a bit."

"Come on, let's get you up." I held out my hand. He took it and between us, we managed to get Fred up on his feet. He looked around the porch and he still seemed particularly dazed,

"T-This is the porch. We're on the porch. I'm on the porch."

"Just come inside." I ushered him into the house. He shuffled slowly through the door hole and followed me at the same pace across the living room to the kitchen. He looked as weirdly at Alex as I did, "You've slept out there, Freddie."

"All night?"

"All night."

"Shiiiiiiiit." Fred said as we entered the kitchen. My eyebrows shot upwards,

"And there's your twin."

George was sitting at the head of the dining table, arms folded and his head nestled in the gap. I put my hands on my hips, "I've got a strange feeling today is going to be a very long day."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

11 o'clock that night, George and I was sitting on his bed in his his and Fred's old bedroom, watching Dingo sleeping at our tangled feet. I was sipping water from a bottle in one hand, and had the other around George's middle. His arm was draped across my shoulders, "You don't need to trial moving. I'm sorry."

"What?" I looked up at him and frowned, "Why are you the one who's sorry?"

"I pressured you. I put you on the spot. It was a massive decision to ask you to make like that. I'm sorry, you don't need to."