[06] captain hook

"There's this temple in Belize I am dying to go to," Elliot said, talking to Skye.

"What's with you and temples?" Skye responds.

"There's nothing with me and temples. I just... they're all so old and would've seen so much adventure"

"You do know that temples aren't alive?"

"Shut up, of course, I know they aren't alive," Elliot responded jokingly, lightly punching Skye in the arm, suddenly triggering something in her. 

"Oh no, I have training with Ward, and I'm late, gotta go," and with that Skye rushed away, leaving Elliot sitting by herself when she started to feel the pins and needles in her brain again.

Elliot sure did love temples but her body didn't. Every time she or anyone else mentioned a temple, she would get the worst headache. It was one of the triggers, but Elliot couldn't put her finger on as to why. After a while, she got up and started walking down the spiral staircase to see Ward grovelling at Skye about the importance of being on time.

"Look, sorry Ward, that's on me, we were talking," Elliot tried to excuse Skye.

"She should be responsible for her own time management," Ward retorts as Elliot goes to stand in the lab with Fitz and Simmons. As Elliot enters, she and Fitz have brief but soft eye contact as they both remember the chat they had last night. Fitz then hands Elliot a lab coat and begins to show her what he and Simmons were looking at which happened to be a laser. So cool!

After a few minutes, the three scientists were interrupted by Ward asking: "What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?" And Jemma gets immediately excited.

"Oh, atomistic attribute drills," Jemma stated excitedly. "Yeah, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal –"

"Electrical properties of materials," Fitz continued

"And my personal favourite, representing alkanes, alkene and alkynes in chemical formulas and structural diagrams," Elliot included enthusiastically. Skye then looked at her and weakly hit the punching bag.

"You know, Elliot, sometimes I forget you're a nerd," Skye joked.

"I'm not a nerd... I'm a dork. No, I'm dork adjacent, take that!" Let's just say that the tone of voice very much indicated that she was, in fact, a dork.

Elliot sees a flash of light before turning around and facing Fitz, who turns out to be pointing a laser in her face and she begins blocking it.

"Fitz, stop, what're you doing"

"Just having fun," he quipped back

"Just having fun? Stop it," Elliot gets out, half-jokingly, "You're going to burn my eye out" 

"I'm not going to burn your eye out," Fitz says as now he is chasing her around the lab, which is obviously not the safest place to be running around.

"Admit it, I'd look cute with an eye-patch," Elliot laughed.

"You'd look even better with two," Fitz chucked when he points the laser to Elliot's other eye.

Then Elliot bests Fitz and snatches the laser from him and starts pointing it at his chest.

"Oh how the tables have turned, prepare to be burnt to a crisp"