[05] calm before the storm

Elliot was exhausted after today but knew that tomorrow could only be more exciting and was overjoyed by that fact. She was sitting by herself near the ramp of the Bus watching Skye talk to Coulson in what seemed like a casual chat. 

"So... today was crazy," Skye started. Elliot looked up at Skye, happy that Skye was trying to talk to her. But there was only so many people to talk to anyway.

"To say the least, thank you, for saving our asses," El returns.

"Maybe I just saved my own," Skye quipped, Elliot not acknowledging the meaning behind the words.

"Touche," Elliot began, "What were you talking about with Coulson?"

"How crazy all this is," she says pointing around the Bus, "and him and Reyes"

"How they use to do it?" Elliot laughed, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Someone gets it, he told me 'it's classified'" 

"It's classified always means there's something to tell," she giggled. When you work in a large bureaucratic organisation, you hear the word 'classified' a lot, something that Elliot hated.

Skye sat next to Elliot as they both looked across the desert horizon which had a gorgeous sunset. The two exchanged a few quick words when Fitz and Simmons walk down the spiral staircase next to them. Fitz was holding a cooler and Simmons was holding a beer.

Elliot had worked with Jemma before, she was fresh out the Academy and Jemma had graduated the year earlier. Elliot loved Jemma, don't get her wrong, but she felt down when surrounded by Simmons overall bounce in her step. The team had only been active for a few days but Elliot took a mental note that she needed to talk to Simmons more.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"We blew up a plane," Fitz said excitedly, looking back at their previous adventure.

"I had a new experience," Jemma continued. Elliot found it cute that they were completely taken back by every little thing and watching them act like they were experts in the field.

"Eat that, Professor Vaughn," Fitz stated causing Elliot to giggle. Professor Vaughn was everyone's least favourite at the Academy. Every word that came out of his mouth was a lullaby that put everyone to sleep, then he'd go ranting about how "with this attitude, none of you are going anywhere". The only good thing about him was that it was easy to ace his classes, then see the look on his face.

"You had a new experience. But it was new for all of us," Simmons says as she looks around at everyone. Before continuing with Fitz to head out of the plane.

"They're happy," May comments.

Elliot wasn't sure what to think of Agent May, she understood that May had gone through something but couldn't help but feel like her stares could burn a hole through her body. 

"Hey, come on. You guys don't want to miss this," Fitz says, hoping for the rest of the team to join him and Simmons.

Fitz and Simmons walk to the end of the ramp and sit on the edge, their legs dangling. Elliot got up from her seat and joined the two scientists, sitting next to Fitz. Skye, Ward and May all walk to join them.

"So, it'll take about 180 days to reach the sun. Now, yes, of course, it would have been faster if they'd use hydrogen-fueled APUs, but they're having fun." Fitz tried to explain, Elliot finding it funny that he had to pick it apart.