Chapter 16: What do Butterflies Joke About?

Disclaimer: I do not own Black Butler, I only own my OC and any others that may join. I also don't own any pictures or videos

____________________________________

Shizuka POV

"Undertaker, the tea and snacks were lovely but I think it's time to show us the body. It is the reason why we are here."I gently set down my empty beaker.

Undertaker gave another unsettling giggle "Oh but of course Little One, come! Come see how beautiful she is." He than got up and showed us to a back room in which the body was being held.

Now, Death was never a fear of mine, I accepted that everyone will die at some point, be them human or of supernatural race. There is always an end to the game we call life. But to see this girl so gruesomely ripped away from the world was heartbreaking. It reminded me of a beautiful rose being plunked without a care in the world; no one even noticing the cries of pain as it left the precious earth.

I walked over to where she laid with a tiny sad smile on my lips "So young to have been killed in such a way."

"Indeed, it is such a shame" the ever velvety voice of Sebastian made its way to my ears. I just nodded in agreement, even though I knew he was simply acting the part. He is a demon after all, one should not expect a demon to care if a person lives or dies. The only one he is worried about is his meal.

And of course, Ciel started asking questions about the case and any leads that Undertaker might have. So I simply tuned them out and looked more closely at the body. The incisions were very clean and cut with such precision that to me, that in itself was a dead give away on who the culprit was. But I kept that information to myself, not wanting to spoil Sebastian's little game. If it brought no harm to Master Ciel, then I saw no reason to put an end to it. I, of course, knew that Jacks the Ripper's time was running out and the game would soon end.

As I was observing the body, I also took note in where the incisions were and connected the dots. I looked over to the left and noticed the paper work that undoubtedly came with her and read over the report. Of course my suspicion was right when I read about how each of the victims had their wombs removed.

I sighed and shook my head in remorse; it seems humans do not like it when others have what they want. I gently set the report back where it was when I was snapped out of my inner thoughts. It seems, Undertaker was going on about someone giving him a good rate laugh in exchange for information. Information that, of course, Master Ciel wanted.

Lau and Madam Red attempted to make him laugh, in which they each failed miserably. I do not even know what Madam Red said because Sebastian quickly pressed both me and Master Ciel to his chest in order to block out her joke.

Once Sebastian deemed it safe enough to let us go, Master Ciel turned to me.
"It's your turn, you know him best after all" the bitter edge to his normally cold voice was very amusing but I kept that to myself. I just gave a shrug and decided to try my best.

I stood in front of Undertaker and took a deep breath. I brought my hands together above my head and brought them down and then back up and said just one word "Photosynthesis" I simply smiled a closed eye smile with a glowing pink aura around me. When I was met with silence I opened my eyes up to see everyone confused.

"You don't get it? Photosynthesis? The process in which plants create food and thus energy for themselves? I'm not a plant so I demonstrated the process with my arms. *giggles* it's funny because I'm not a plant at all! I can't do photosynthesis!!" I fell into a fit of giggles just thinking about it, me? A plant? It's just a funny thought.

____________________________________
Third person POV

Everyone just watched as little Shizuka fell into a fit of giggles, it was of course a adorable sight. Undertaker just gave a creepy grin and grabbed her up into a hug "You are simply too adorable Little One, only you would think photosynthesis was funny."

She finally got control of her giggles and looked up at him and tilted her head "and you don't? It's hilarious" she said it with such a clueless face that everyone sweat dropped. Ciel was covering his face with his hand and shaking his head, of course a butterfly would find humor in being compared to a plant.

Sebastian then decided to step in "Allow me milord, I have a very special joke that will surly make him laugh" the ever present smirk on his lips.

"Very well, get it over with" Ciel was ready to leave.
Sebastian ushered everyone out of the shop and than proceeded to close the door, apparently no one could witness what he was about to do.

And just like the crow demon said, in no time at all, Undertaker was laughing, his store sign even fell due to the strength of the laughter.

Sebastian then opened the door and allowed everyone to come back inside, Undertaker still having trouble breathing, muttering something about that being the best laugh he ever had.

Undertaker then gave all of the information that he had about the case to them, allowing Sebastian to compile a list of suspects.

The main one being the Viscount of Druitt.

Shizuka, of course, had a feeling that whatever plan they came up with, was going to be an outrageous one.

She could not wait for the madness to begin. It defiantly was interesting being the Butterfly to the Queens Dog.

Very interesting indeed.

____________________________________
Just before anyone asks, yes I used a SpongeBob reference. I always found it hilarious when he did that. But anyways, I know it's not long but since everyone was leaving comments to update, I couldn't just not update.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Winter break and happy holidays!!!

Ta~ta for now, Wolfie-chan