8. Jealous?

"No actually,  I was scrolling through my Instagram home page and you happened to call" lied Shehnaaz as she tried to cover the excitement in her voice.

"Alright, so what are you doing " asked Sidharth.

" Nothing. What are you doing?" asked Shehnaaz.

Was waiting for the clock to struck 10:00 so that I could call you thought Sidharth to himself.

" I had called you to tell my problems to remember," said Sidharth.

"Oh yes yes please tell me," said Shehnaaz.

The call went on up to 3 a.m. They actually ended up talking about everything. Sid just felt it was so easy to talk to her. They could talk about everything & anything. He could speak to her about the most random stuff without the fear of her judging him.

Sid cut the call at 3 a.m. as he could hear Shehnaaz snore. He smiled at her cute antics and slept peacefully.

Next Morning At Work:

Shehnaaz entered Sid's cabin as he had called her. As she enters Sid was sitting there on his chair and smiled at her.

"Hey, you called me?" questioned Shehnaaz.

Before Sid could answer her. He heard a knock at his cabin door. It was Rhea Dhawan. A beautiful & tall girl. The CEO of 'The Dhawan group of publications'. She was 35 years old and Sid's school friend. She was very successful. She had fruitfully taken her father's company to great heights.

Along with Rhea Dhawan came Karan Dhawan, Rhea's brother and the head of the IT department in 'The Dhawan Group'. He was an IT engineer just like Shehnaaz. 

As Rhea entered she immediately hugged Sid and he too delightedly hugged her back.

"How long has it been Sid, didn't you miss your best friend," said Rhea as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

Shehnaaz standing right there in her cabin witnessed everything and felt a burning sensation inside her. She couldn't see Rhea so close to Sid. She was confused about why she felt that. It's Sid's life, she is nobody to stop him.

" Shehnaaz meet Rhea and Karan, I know them since, my childhood and now we are collaborating for a project together,  " said Sidharth.

"Hey, it's a pleasure meeting you," said Shehnaaz as she shook hands with both of them.

" You look beautiful " complimented Karan

"Thank you so much," said Shehnaaz while smiling at him.

Sid felt protective of Shehnaaz, he didn't know why. She was only his friend then, why did he feel so.

Soon they all went to the conference room. They were joined by Ahaan & Tina as they all discussed the project. Shehnaaz presented the PowerPoint presentation.  Her explanation of the whole idea was to the point. Neither did she say anything extra nor did she speak anything less.

Rhea & Karan being the new ones to witness it were absolutely impressed by her communication skills.

Rhea went up to Shehnaaz and congratulated her. Sid too felt proud since Shehnaaz had aced at what she had done.

" Beauty with Brain. I must say, the way you presented the idea, no one could do it better " said Karan in a flirtatious tone.

" Thank you so much, this compliment coming from you is a big deal," said Shehnaaz with a smile. She was jealous of Rhea being so friendly with Sid. So she had decided that she'll check if Sid too felt the same.

Sid was fuming from the anger inside. He couldn't understand why was Shehnaaz being so friendly with Karan. Someone she met just 2 hours back. Was she attracted to him already? These thoughts made Sid furious. He just Quitely moved away from there, without even congratulating Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz felt guilty yet, happy as she was glad that her being close to Karan bothered Sid but, at the same time she was furious at him.

The entire day they did not speak to each other but, that didn't stop them from stealing glances at each other. Karan & Shehnaaz worked together for the project as they both belonged to the IT department.  Every time Sid saw them together he felt jealous. He didn't know why he was getting protective of her.

Finally, after having a frantic day at work everyone decided to call it off for the day and continue it the next day.
Everyone was leaving while  Karan stopped near Shehnaaz and asked her if he could drop her home. Sid was standing right there and stared at Shehnaaz to see her reaction to Karan's question. Shehnaaz saw Sid was staring at her. She thought if she would say a yes to Karan, Sid would for sure be super angry as it is, she had taken enough of revenge and it's better she denies Karan's offer.

" Thanks but,  I'll go with Sid," said Shehnaaz while smiling.

"Alright! if that's your choice " said Karan who was a little annoyed since a girl had never let his offer down.

Sid was somehow relieved that Shehnaaz would come along with him. They would be together away from others but, he had decided he would be angry at her. He had decided, he will drop her home but, not speak a word to her since he was pissed at her for giving so much attention to Karan.

Sid & Shehnaaz were not dating either were they comprehensible about their thoughts and feelings about each other but, one thing they were sure about is they liked being with each other and they didn't like it when the other person would give away more scrutiny to someone else.

"Hey," said Shehnaaz as she sat next to Sid in his car. Sid didn't reply.

"Hey Sidharth," said Shehnaaz once again. This time Sid just replied "Hmm".

Shehnaaz got very angry and she said, "When someone says Hey, I think normal people answer back with a hey," said Shehnaaz.

" So am I not normal," asked Sidharth with a poker face.

" Well, Right now, not at all," said Shehnaaz.

There was complete silence for 5 minutes until Shehnaaz spoke and broke the ice.

"what's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing," said Sidharth.

"Of course something is wrong," asked Shehnaaz innocently as if she had no idea what was wrong.

Finally, after a lot of nudging and continuous questions by Shehnaaz, Sidharth blurted out

" I thought today you would go back home with Karan," said Shehnaaz while looking straight and driving the car.

"Ohhh now I know what's the problem! Somebody is getting jealous " said Shehnaaz as she giggled.

"Ahh jealous, no why would I be jealous," said Sidharth trying to cover up after he realised what he had just spoken out.

Hey Guys, I guess this was the longest update so far with almost 1130  words. I hope you'll like this chapter. Do vote, share & comment on your views & feedbacks about this story. Inline comments will be appreciated. See you'll hereafter ❤