6. Likewise

"may I come in," asked Shehnaaz politely.

"Umm..yes yes sure," said Sidharth as he was a little flabbergasted since suddenly she was right in front of him.

She told him that she had emailed him the sorted files and he can check and tell her if any changes were required.  Sidharth smiled and said he will check and let her know.

He called his business partner Ahaan since they had to attend a meeting. Shehnaaz too was supposed to be a part of it. She had made an amazing presentation and has presented it well before their clients. Ahaan told Sidharth that their point was very strong and the company had cracked the deal.

Everyone was very happy. As the meeting ended Ahaan & Sidharth were moving towards Shehnaaz to congratulate her since it was because of her efforts this deal was possible. As they were walking.

"Nice choice ;) " said than whispering to Sid. Ahaan was not only Sid's business partner but also one of his closest childhood friends.

Sid understood what he meant and smiled at him while controlling his blush.

"I must say Shehnaaz the presentation was fantastic for it is your first time. Quite Impressive. I guess Sidharth is the one who is the most impressed. " said Ahaan as he teased them indirectly making Shehnaaz a little awkward and Sid gave him a death glare.

"Thank you so much," said Shehnaaz to Ahaan while smiling.

As Sidharth moved towards her to shake hands she felt her cheeks red.

"Amazing Presentation," said Sidharth as those were the only words that came out of his mouth being in complete awe of her. They shook hands and Sidharth moved away.

Shehnaaz felt butterflies in her stomach as he shook hands with her.

Later on, it was lunch break and everyone was in the canteen. 

Shehnaaz was sitting with Samira her colleague while chatting and having their food. Sidharth came in with black coffee in his hand. He came in and sat at the adjacent table to the place where Shehnaaz was sitting.

Shehnaaz was looking absolutely stunning. She was not only beautiful but, at the same time she was hardworking and intelligent, thought Sidharth to himself.

As while looking at her, Sidharth spilt his coffee on his pant. Suddenly, he realised and immediately,  got from there cleaning his pant. Luckily it wasn't spoiled much and got cleaned but, this didn't go unnoticed by Samira, she immediately turned to Shehnaaz who was already looking at Sid.

" The fire is equal on both the side," she told Shehnaaz while laughing and making Shehnaaz blush.

It was 7 p.m. and office hours were over. Almost everyone left the office. Shehnaaz saw Sidharth was still in the cabin. Something in her just mad her go there asks him why was he waiting there.

"Hey, it's 7 p.m. you aren't leaving?" asked Shehnaaz.

" Umm...actually I'll have to be in the office till late. I need to finish off a few entries and check a few files & stuff since we have cracked the deal. You can leave, if you want I can ask my driver to drop you " said Sidharth.

" No no, I will go by myself. Thanks " Said Shehnaaz.

As she leaving Sidharth wanted to stop her but he couldn't. Shehnaaz wanted to stay back with him but, how could she tell him that she wanted to. With Disappointment as she was leaving.

" Hey, if you want help I can stay back,  we can together finish it off faster," said Shehnaaz with all the courage she gathered to open her mouth.

Sidharth was shocked. He didn't know what to say. He wanted her to stay back with him. He wanted to spend some time with her but, before he could open his mouth.

" Don't worry, I won't ask you to make Sandwich for me again, I'll help you out " Said Shehnaaz as she chuckled and kept her bag on the desk and began sorting the files.

" You're funny," said Sidharth as he laughed.

Shehnaaz had the power to make this 6 feet 2 guy laugh and make him forget all his worries.

Sidharth would find himself changing and changing for good most importantly. They worked together as a team Inspite of knowing Shehnaaz only for a few days, he felt he knew her since, ages.

Both of them would talk about everything and anything. After having a few heartbreaks by the age of 35. Sid found it difficult to trust people around him but, with Shehnaaz he felt different. It was as if his heart forced him to trust her.

"Coffee?" said Shehnaaz as She brought two cups in her hand bringing Sidharth out from him thoughts which now had her most of the time.

Hey guys,  I hope you'll like this chapter of the story. Do vote and comment & let me know your feedback. See you'll tomorrow with a new chapter. ❤