What Now-Rihanna

~best pickup line EVER~

A: Excuse me. Do you have a Life Alert necklace?
B: No. Why?
A: You'll fall for me. And you might not get up.

Oh hell. Y'all are pissed at the long update time, I know. But! It wasn't my fault. My aunt unintentionally snitched on me while I was on my phone at night and I got it taken. #familyprobs

But she's gone now and I got it back, so... About the chappie! It's pretty damn emotional. I was almost in tears while writing it. But it's a little fluffy, so I know you guys will like it.

"It's time for you to end this, Naruto. Call him."

Naruto's hand trembled as he dialed the first few numbers. Then he stopped and looked up at Gaara, tearfully pleading."Please don't make me do this, Gaara, please."

Inside, Gaara's heart was melting at the blonde's wet eyes, but the redhead knew that if he gave in now, Naruto would never get that closure he needed. He would continue to mourn his deceased relationship, and eventually go back to before. He shook his head firmly. "You need to end this, Naruto. You can't mope around like this anymore. I won't let you."

Naruto's tears overflowed as he typed three more digits into the phone slowly. Then he stared at it, frustration building until he stood up abruptly from the bed and threw it at Gaara.

Gaara caught it out of reflex, and stepped back to catch Naruto's words as well.

"I can't, Gaara! Sasuke needs me! He's just making a mistake. I can't give up on us. He still loves me—"

The redhead growled, annoyed that the blonde was still hung up on Sasuke. He stalked over, grabbed Naruto by his collar and got in his face because if he didn't get it now, he would never get it.

"Look," he snarled as Naruto turned his head away. "Look at me, Naruto." Naruto met his eyes. "Sasuke doesn't want you anymore." His 'reality-check' tone didn't change as Naruto's face fell harder than before. "If you think that that lying, cheating bastard of a man will want you again, I might as well pack up and go back to Suna, and you go back to being a reckless idiot"—Naruto flinched—"like before. Is that what you want? Huh, Naruto?"

Naruto looked away again, hair falling into his eyes. "No. Y-You're right." After a pause, he pulled Gaara into a tight hug, sobbing into his shoulder. This is Gaara deciphered from his muffled laments:

"But it hurts! I just love him so much, and he threw me away like trash. Like I didn't even matter. He never even told me that he was cheating. He didn't care enough to. I would've rather he told me straight out than not saying anything. Of course, it still would've hurt, but..." Imagine every sentence with six to seven sobs breaking up the words and gasps. That's what he heard.

Gaara softened. This is what he'd been trying to get out of him: all the hurt, the pain, the heartbreak, even the insecurities.

It was time for Naruto to move on.

They hugged now, Naruto sobbing into his shoulder. Gaara rubbed soothing circles on his back and murmured calming things to him. Soon, the blonde's breathing evened out. He realized that his friend was asleep.

I'll let him rest, Gaara thought tiredly. that was pretty draining. He laid back onto the bedspread and slid Naruto off of him. I could afford a nap. This entire week's devoted to Naruto, of course...

Tada! The next chapter. So, the NaruGaa? Y'all likey? So far, I have one NxG wellwisher; maybe a little bit of support, we could have *gasp* A SMUT SCENE!

OMG OMG OMG @o,@ *o* :—

Excuse meh! Cahlm down, mah pretties. It's not set in stone jjjuusssttt yet. But you can set it. With feedback! It's awl dat's important in dis life! *dramatic face* ±/0±/

My emojis suck. :(

So I thought that Rihanna's song, What Now really suited Naruto right now. So there's the vid. I'm still thinking on the next songs, though.