chapter 28

Soyeon on the other hand had her eyes widened while she jumped on from the bed without saying another word to Sehan who followed her.

"Honey? What happened?" Seha aske seeing Soyeon's pale face.

"Something must have happened in the resthouse."  she said in wide eyes while Seha snatched the phone from Soyeon and only heard Jiyong sobbed endlessly from the other line.

The parents just came running to the resthouse, ignoring the incoming siren for emergency in a distance. Something bad happened in Jiyong's place.  

Upon reaching the house, they immediately ran inside only to be struck cold to where they stood up while their eyes on the stairs. 

Jiyong was talking and crying to Dara without touching her and his anguish cries made Seha and Soyeon moved toward them with cold hands.

"What happened here?!" Soyeon was the one in panic now while Seha prevented her to touched Dara.

"Don't touch her, dear. We might worsened her condition." Seha tried to be calm while he only reached to Dara in search of her pulse. He let a sigh of relief when he felt it, Dara's heart beat. Although it may seemed so that she wasn't breathing since her heartbeat came like so weak to his finger.

"She's alive Jiyong. Don't worry." Seha assured while helping his son to sit up. "Tell me what happened." he asked to distract Jiyong while inspected his wound on his forehead. Jiyong told him about the little fight they had leading into the accident.

"I-it's my f-fault." Jiyong said in regret while fresh tears came again to his cheeks. 

"No. It's an accident,  Jiyong. It's no one's fault." Seha said. 

Then their attention went to the door when the medical staffs had burst in the residence.

"Please give room." the medical said while carefully inspecting Dara to somehow deliberate on how to give her first aid before they'll rush her into the hospital.

Just before any of the staff can do it, a young man on his faded jeans and black shirt had came to intervened them.

"Excuse me sir. Who are you? We're doing our job here." one med staff said.

The young man didn't listen as he frowned upon having a closer look to the injured woman.

"She's damaged her neck. Give me a cervical collar now." the young man said.

"Are you a doctor?" asked the staff.

"Yes. Please hurry." He demanded while tearing off Dara's clothes now using a scissor from the aid kits, leaving her on her bra while the young man search for something. Then his eyes zeroed on the visible bruise under her left boob. 

Upon handing the collar, the doctor initiated to secure Dara's neck with the assistance of the staffs before he asked for stethoscope. Upon hearing the gurgling inside on her lungs he looked up to the staff.

"Do you have french test tube?" he asked.

"Yes we have." 

"Get it." 

The other staff ran to get it while the other one assisted the doctor.

"Are you going to do it here? Are you sure?"

"Her lung is pooled with blood with a broken ribcage. It will be too late to wait." the doctor explained.

"here it is." the med staff handed him the tube.

"Hold it for me." The doctor ordered while he pointed to the other, "Hold her for me."

The doctor had cut to where the flesh was bruising this time before inserting the french test tube to extract the pooled blood from her lung. It only take seconds before the blood was extracted which made Dara gasped for an air that it made Jiyong feel the shot of relief upon seeing her breathing now. She was put into portable oxygen device which monitor her condition.

"She's out of danger for now." The doctor turned to the medical staffs. "You need to get her CT scan to see for any spleen damage and cervical spine fracture. Call the general surgery and neurosurgery to have her in the operations." he said.

"Yes, doctor." they said before placing Dara on the stretcher carefully.

"I'm coming with you." Jiyong said but the doctor stopped him.

"No need for you to get in there, sir. " he said turning to Seha this time. "She needed a guardian to sign for surgery. Can you do that for me. At this time we can't reached her family and we can't wait for any second."

Seha just nodded and went with the ambulance where Dara was being boarded.

Soyeon was left with Jiyong in the floor and the doctor who looked like a thug rather than a physician.

"I'm Lee Jongsuk, a doctor." he declared. The doctor crouched down to Jiyong. "I was called here to treat your condition. Are you ready?" he smirked.

***