Thought Six. - Honey, I'm Home!

Thought Six.   Jones’ Perspective.

Incredible.

I have finally found her.

After all of these years, and endless searching, I have found Embrie.

Ariel is going to be ecstatic, not to mention how Neven is going to react. So much time has gone by, but there is one thing that has never changed. And that is how much her parents love her, and want to find her. I promised Ariel that I would find her daughter, no matter what. And that is just what I have done. I have been coming back and forth between worlds for years, just searching. I’ve released Sibbul, for the sole purpose of helping me find this one girl. The one girl that will change my world forever.

The prophecy.

Now I just have to get her into my world soon. As soon as I can manage. Shortly she will be another year older, but in this case, it’s not just age we have to worry about. Or another year of sorrow for her parents. No. This time if she stays here, in this world, she will become completely human. There will be no more prophecy to hear of. There will only be the tale, that one tells another, about the failed attempt to get the prophecy to our world.

I will not let it happen.

She will come with me tonight.

When we meet for coffee.

Knowing that I have a few hours to spare before meeting up with Embrie, I make my way to the closest portal, which is just a few streets down. I plan on making a quick visit to Ariel and Neven’s place, telling them the good news, and then coming back.

Opening the door to an old, abandoned school, I walk through the entrance and am met with darkness. Closing the door behind me, I shut my eyes tightly as I wait for my feet to hit grassy grounds.

After what feels like seconds, I’m standing in front of their door. Without knocking, I let myself in.

“Honey! I’m home!” I shout, waiting for someone to come running.

And there they are.

Ariel comes into view first from the kitchen, and then Neven follows behind her. The hope that is etched on across their faces makes my victory even better.

“Aren’t you going to tell me that dinner is ready?” I ask Ariel, as they both just stand in front of me staring anxiously.

“Common, Jones. Just tell us what you came here to say.” Neven says.

Testy little bugger, isn’t he?

“Well, I’ve come to tell you, that the quest is over.” I let myself smile as I see the priceless expressions on their faces. Utterly priceless.