Thought Five. - A name to the eyes.

I crack my knuckles in anxiety, as little butterflies swoosh back and forth in my stomach.

Why am I so nervous?

It’s probably because I’ve never worked a day in my life.

I open the door to the small costume shop, the little tin bell ‘dinging’ as I enter. Nobody is in the shop, and I can’t help to ponder why on earth they would need extra help in here…

Walking over to the back counter, I peek into the back room looking for the little salesperson, Sibbul.

“Hello? Anyone here?”

“Oh dear! Yes, right here!” I hear her familiar voice before I see her running from a room in the back. Her long, pale blonde hair flows behind her, as she rushes towards me.

Before I can say anything, she has me in a tight, but friendly embrace.

She’s so peculiar.

“You’re just on time!” She exclaims, excitingly, pulling away from me.

“Yup, three o’clock.” I say, smiling at her.

“How was school? How was your weekend? Meet anyone new? Oh! Tell me everything!” She speaks so fast that I can barely keep up.

I quietly laugh at her, taking in her interested expression.

“School was fine. My weekend was okay, nothing really happened except for on Saturday. My friend and I went to a Halloween party.”

“Oh yes! The party. Was the dress alright? Did it fit perfectly, like I knew it would?” She gushes.

“The dress was perfect.” I laugh, shoving my hands into my sweater pockets. “And I did see one person that I have never seen before, actually maybe you have seen him in here?”

Her eyebrow quirks, and she waves her hand, gesturing for me to continue.

“He, um… He was tall… and had dark hair. He was actually quite good looking, but his eyes are what I can’t get out of my head. They were so mesmerizing… even if they did look right through me.” My cheeks instantly heat up at the memory, which is etched into my mind for eternity.

Why did I just tell her all of that?

I barely know this girl…

Maybe I need more friends.

Or a diary…