Thought Thirteen.

Thought Thirteen.

I feel weak and disoriented as Blake continues to kiss my now, swollen lips. I push at his chest with my hands and let out a sigh of relief when he pulls away from me.

“What the hell!” I scream at him, but he shows no emotion. He just stares back at me with a cocky grin.

“Oh, please. Don’t be so dramatic.” He says.

Dramatic? He thinks this is me being dramatic?

Oh, I’ll show him dramatic.

I take two steps and swing my arm back; swiftly I connect the palm of my hand to his right cheek. He barely flinches, but his shocked expression is enough to satisfy me.

“Are you done?” He asks in a bored tone.

This only infuriates me more.

“Am I done? You know what… no. I am not done.” I start punching his chest like a crazy woman. “I have been through hell, okay?” I swiftly throw all of my weight into each punch as I speak gruffly to him. “I have just been thrown into this world, I have met my so called real parents, I was just recently attacked by a freaking tree,” I shout. “So, no. I am not done!”

Suddenly he grabs my fists and pulls me into his chest. The warmth of his body welcomes me and I can’t help but to melt into his embrace. I start crying, my whole body caving in on me. Blake is the only thing keeping me from falling to the ground in a heap.

“It’s okay, Em.” He whispers in my ear. “Everything is going to be alright.”

The voice of my best friend calms me, but at the same time unsettles me because of his presence. He shouldn’t be here, so the fact that he is indeed here, soothing me – makes absolutely no sense.

I pull away from him and look into his eyes.

“Blake…” I hesitate.

“Yes?”

“How are you here?” I search his eyes looking for the truth, but he reveals nothing. Something has changed about him that I can’t quite put my finger on just yet.

“That’s an awfully long story, I’m sure it can wait.”

I frantically shake my head.

“No, please. I am in need of so many explanations right now, so if you can offer me at least one…” I sigh in utter frustration.

“Fine, fine. But I think it’s better if you see it for yourself.” He grabs my hand and I wrap my fingers in his.

“That’s what Jones said too, and I’m starting to doubt that method.” I say sarcastically.