Thought Four. - Midnight Eyes.

I should be thanking him for bumping into Kirk, even if his drink did end up on me.

            “Sorry about that bud, it’s pretty crowded in here. Didn’t see you there.” The mystery guy says to Kirk.

            “Well look where you’re going next time!” Kirk replies. His back is still towards me, so I can’t see the expression on his face. But I’m almost certain that it’s a nasty one.

            “Oh, I’ll make sure of it. Any-who… I’m actually only here looking for someone.” The mystery guy says, smirking again.

            “Oh yeah?” Kirk inquires, sarcastically.

            “Yeah. You might know her. Her name is Embrie…” I can feel my eyes bulging out of their sockets. Why is he looking for me?

            I don’t even know this dude.

Why would Mr. Tall and Handsome be looking for me?

There’s got to be another Embrie at the party, because this guy hasn’t even looked in my direction.

“Yeah, I know her. She’s right behind me, man.” Kirk turns around, looking right at me, a questioning look on his face. I just stare at him and shrug my shoulders.

“Uh, hi?” I say looking towards both men. But the mystery guy looks right through me, as if I’m invisible. Then he looks back to Kirk, an angry expression rising.

“I don’t know what your problem is man, or what it is you take me for… but there’s no one behind you.” He says, running his fingers through his luscious dark-brown hair.

No one?

Am I invisible? Really?

“What are you talking about?” Kirk questions, incredibly confused. But the mystery guy has already turned around, and has started to walk into the kitchen.

Kirk turns back to me, his expression back to being its regular cocky, confident way.

“That guy must be on some serious shit. Anyways… where were we?” He says, winking at me. I cringe, and back myself into my little corner.

“Emmy! There you are! I’ve been looking for you!” Blake.

Thank the Lord.

He comes in between Kirk and I, and places his hand around my waist. I give him a grateful smile, that I imagine probably reaches my eyes.

“Perfect timing.” I whisper in his ear.