Trigger Happy //04

So John, Dean tells me you need to tell me something so what is it?" I asked.

Apparently whatever he knows is vital to me.

"You didn't open the box" he said so sure of himself.

"And how would you know?" I asked putting a hand on my hip.

A smirk planted on his lips he said "I know because you wouldn't be standing here right now." 

did that mean because I'm not dead? yeah probably.

I was about to ask why but he answered before I could.

"I visited an old physic friend who could sense the evil vibes from a mile away" he had a grim look on his face.  

"So we have to burn the box and whatever is inside before it does any harm"

I agreed hesitantly, feeling those bad vibes also

"So you reckon the box wasn't from my mother but a demon who used my mothers will as an open opportunity?" I asked annoyed, stupid freaking demons.

An anxious look clouded Johns expression

"what is it John?" I asked, this can't be good

"Well as it seems there's something else you need to know... You see at first I thought the same thing you do now but as it turns out... yourmothersalive" he said.

"Sorry John I didn't catch that last part, say it again."

He breathed a sigh before repeating. "your mother is alive" I almost fainted and Dean had to keep my shoulders and back steady so I wouldn't. Fainting sounded good right about now though.

"She lives in Philadelphia from what ive found so far, I just can't find a picture" chimed in Dean while I stood there in shock

"W-what...H-how it's not possible, I saw her bloody and broken on the living room floor, bloody hell don't bloody hell" I said hysterically not being able to form a proper sentence, I'm sure you would be the same way.

"Dana calm down and let me explain"

it's hard to be calm when you find out the mother you saw dead in front of your eyes is proclaimed alive and well many years later but nonetheless I waited as patiently as I could for the explanation.

"So what you saw back then on the living room floor were two bloody and mangled to the point they were unrecognizable right? As it turns out from a blood sample the dead woman was really just a neighbor and judging by the fact your mother was gone makes her a prime suspect"

now that I think about it the day I heard a woman screaming it was definitely not my mothers. I grabbed the wooden box and held it out on my palm "Let's burn this bad boy" fifteen minutes later and the box was being devoured by orange flames and I couldn't help but get a bad feeling about it.

Not long into it burning I felt a breeze and a bite on my neck, my hand flew to the back of my neck but there was nothing there so I shrugged it off and watched as the box burned.

'fire is our friend' a voice whispered in my mind. The voice was chilling and definitely not mine. I was feeling eerie so I stepped away without anyone noticing and gave myself time to think over things I mean I was happy my mother was alive but things didn't add up but I was going to find her nevertheless.

Life as you know it will be changed drastically' the chilling voice was chanting over and over, it doesn't take a genius to know this meant bad news but after the chanting suddenly stopped I realized I'm probably just experiencing side effects from shocking news and I was just over exaggerating.