Trigger Happy //18

"Dana" a voice roused me from my sleep.

"Dean?" I questioned sleepily. I felt like this was my first time sleeping in years.

"Yeah, did you want anything to eat? Sam's going on a food run and I haven't seen you eat since that vampire fed from you."

I could've laughed at how much of a mother hen Dean sounded right then, if I wasn't half asleep.

I opened my heavy eyes and saw his green ones staring back at me. I hadn't realised he was laying right next to me.

In my sleepy haze I stared at his lips then flickered back to his eyes, the moonlight perfectly showcasing his bright orbs.

His eyes followed mine.

I moved just that little bit closer and leaned my forehead against his, savouring our closeness.

"I could go for a cheeseburger" I mentioned. I felt a rumble in his chest, like he was holding back a little chuckle and I could feel his breath on my lips.

I leaned in and brushed my lips against his lightly, a ghost of a kiss.

Abruptly I pulled away, suddenly completely aware.

"What the hell did that angel do to me?"

All I remember was him pressing his fingers on my head and then... Black.

Dean groaned, as if he was waiting for this to happen.

"Look, Dana--" Dean started.

"Don't you 'look Dana' me! What the hell did that angel do? And don't even think about beating around the bush!" All pretences of our moment forgotten, if only for a little bit.

Dean sighed.

"Cas is kinda... new to the Earth and its ways."

"Dean..." I warned sternly, wanting him to get straight to the point.

Dean held his arms up in surrender.

"Ok, ok. He knocked you out so he could talk to Sam and I in private." I could tell when those words came out of his mouth, he wished he worded it differently, or at least embellished it a little.

I jumped off the bed, ready to fight.

"What? That son of a bitch! I'm going to kill him." I did not like that sort of business one bit.

"Dana, calm down. He's new to this, he didn't mean anything by it."

"Oh yeah? So what was it that was so important that he felt the need to knock me out, just to talk to the two of you?"

I was pissed, mostly for the fact that I had been bested by an angel I just met. Something I would never say out loud.

Dean looked nervous now.

"What is it Dean? What are you not telling me?"

"Cas... He doesn't know about your... situation."

I halted at his words, realising what Dean was thinking. And all my anger washed out in that moment, replaced with vulnerability. Yet another person would be out to kill me.

"And if he knew, he would probably try to kill me, right?"

The look on his face told me I was.

What angel wouldn't? Angels hate demons, half-demons wouldn't be exempt.

I shook my head, shaking off my melancholic attitude.

"You still haven't answered my question Dean; what did he say while I was out?"