Trigger Happy //01

The little girl was terrified for her life as she cowered into the coats of the dark closet; using the sleeves to muffle her cries so the monster wouldn't find her and eat her up.

She could hear her parents screams from the living room. Sounds she knew would never escape her mind.

Being the florist that she was and dentist that he was, the pair wouldn't...no couldn't defend themselves against such monstrosity. The little bit of protection they owned was little gun...kept under lock and key.

When the sound of the screaming ceased, the little girl felt her heart break.

Could they be? No they have to be alright. The little girl concluded.

With heavy limbs she forced herself to stand and searched frantically for her fathers baseball bat.

Her eyes spotted the bat, her dad warned her many times... "See this bat here sweety? it's my most prized possession, other than you of course." he chuckled and tyickled her until her giggles would make her tummy hurt. he would go on to mention that the bat once belonged to someone very famous, but of course the name escaped her.

She shook her head and reached for it.

It was much heavier than she anticpated but in her adrenaline rush she could hold it up.

She took a step forward and the floor gave a creek beneath her.

In a flash, a blur went passed her and before she knew what she was doing she struck the beast.

The knock was hard enough to knock it out cold.

Looking down at the beast she could see the blood dripping from it's canines. The sight alone was enough to give her nightmares the rest of her life.

Dana acted on impulse as she raced outside to the front dragging her brother who was having trouble keeping up with her pace.

Although her brother Josh was two years older Dana was taking control of the situation.

"Josh go to the neighbors house while I go find mom and dad ok?" Dana ordered. He nodded.

She raced inside still high on adrenaline and got the key from her dad's nightstand draw and opened the other draw that held a gun. She looked at the shiny black gun in awe; she always had an odd passion for guns, which is mainly why her dad kept it under lock and key.

Quickly she took it out and held it with a firm grip but her hands were still shaking with fear. Dana rounded the corner like she always did when she was playing pretend spies, she reminded herself this was real and headed for the living room.

Nothing could've prepared her for the sight she witnessed. Two bodies were strung out on the couches, faces unrecognizable, ripped to shreds with body parts detached from the bodies; the amount of blood was sickening, Dana was puzzled about how much blood two bodies contained.

It was a brutal site and as much as Dana wanted to tear her eyes away from the brutal scene in front of her she couldn't function, that is until a low growl was sounded from behind her. She turned quick and caught sight of the monster; glowing blue eyes, sharp claws, canine teeth and an overall evil look to it.

She pointed the gun at the monster with glowing blue eyes and pulled the trigger.

When she pulled the trigger the bullet hit the beast square in the heart, causing its eyes to glaze over and slump into a bloodied heap...

Sorry that's a lie, let's be realistic,

Now suppose Dana was older and had some history of shooting she would've been likely to shoot the beast, but because the girl was only ten and had only drooled over guns and pictures of guns she was not capable of handling one, it would be unrealistic if she got him dead; no so here's what really happened.

The girl aimed the gun at it and pulled the trigger expecting perfect aim due to the fact she had an impressive rap sheet on COD.

So when the bullet not only didn't hit its target but went the butt of the gun rebouned and hit her square on the left side of her forehead and knocked her to her feet, she was quite surprised.

The beast smirked evilly and made an advance towards the girl, but stopped after taking one step. Blood spluttered from its chest and mouth as it fell to the ground with a loud thump.

Dana smiled triumphantly thinking her bullet must've rebounded after going through the wall straight into its heart. She soon realised she was wrong when a man was standing behind the dead beast with a gun in his hand; he gave the girl his hand and helped her up.

"Hey there sweety, shh... everything will be alright, My names John Winchester, you'll be safe with me."

John Winchester took care of the children for a while before their aunt took them in.