Chapter seventeen

Bane

One kiss from her, and I was a dead man. From the moment I met her I knew she'd have me wrapped around her little finger. The kiss was definitely unexpected. I mean of course I loved it, and I've wanted to kiss her since the day I met her, but I was afraid of her reaction. I didn't want to scare her, or have her feeling like I was pressuring her into doing something she didn't want to.

Everything I did was for her; as corny as it sounds seeing her happy made me happy. She deserved the world.

When I called her parents earlier I knew they'd agree to come. The bond she had with her family was something I would never attempt to take away from her, and if they want to live here I would allow them just for Stella.

After eating dinner everyone returned to their bedrooms. Stella's parents were tired from the long car ride here, and I'm sure Stella was tired because she barely got any sleep these last two days.

I went down to my office to sign a couple papers, and told Alex to take over for the rest of the night.

I couldn't sleep. I needed to go to Stella's room; my wolf wanted to watch her while she slept, but judging from her reaction last time she woke up, and found me next to her I'm sure she wouldn't like that.

A knock on my door startled me. Everything had to be ok, I doubled patrol, and Alex was in control of the pack right now. I opened to the door, and saw Stella standing there.

"Stella? Is everything alright?"

She shook her head.

"What's wrong baby?"

Our gazes locked, and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"I couldn't sleep, and I feel safe when I'm around you. I was wondering if.. I could... If I could sleep here tonight."

She didn't have to ask me twice. I reached out, and took her hands in mine. Slowly walking to my bed I flipped the blankets so we could get under them.

Expecting her to want me far away I was once again surprised when she wrapped her arms around my bare waist, and rested her head on my chest. Wrapping my arms around her small, and fragile body I pulled her impossibly closer before kissing her forehead, and whispering good night.

---------------