45

The doors to the room opened, and in stepped Octavia Odair, chin high as she glared at almost everyone in the room.

She noticed everyone sitting, most likely waiting for her.

"Please, sit," Coin beckoned, and Octavia nodded slightly as she went to the empty seat between Haymitch and Katniss.

She scanned the table, noticing Annie, Johanna and Enobaria all sitting. She shot a small nod to Annie, who she had only talked to once or twice but knew was a good friend of Finnicks.

"I have invited you all here for several reasons, but first I have an announcement. I have declared myself interim president of Panem."

Octavia raised a brow, letting out a laugh along with Haymitch.

"Interim? Exactly how long is that interim?" Haymitch asked, and Octavia only snorted as she shook her head.

"We have no way of knowing for certain, but it's clear that people are far to emotional right now to make a decision," Coins glance lingered on Octavia, who leaned forward in her chair.

"Well, I know that my vote for you is hell the fuck no," Octavia smiled sweetly, setting her interlocked hands on the table. She watched Johanna crack a smile, supressing a laugh.

Coin looked at her, not giving an answer, before speaking again.

"I have called you here for a far more important vote, a symbolic vote. This afternoon, we will execute Snow. Hundreds of his followers also await their deaths. Capitol officials, peacekeepers, torturers, gamemakers. But the danger is, once we begin the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy, so I offer an alternative plan."

"Oh, lovely," Octavia said sarcastically, her voice low enough to only be heard by Katniss who shot her a look, and Haymitch who chuckled.

"The proposal is this. In lou of these barbaric executions, we hold a symbolic Hunger Games."

Johanna started laughing manically, Octavia following as she rubbed her hand over her face.

"You want to have another Hunger Games, with the Capitols children?" Johanna snorted, her voice unbelieving. Octavia felt the same way.

"You're joking," Peeta claimed, shaking his head.

"Not in the slightest."

Octavia removed her hand, roughly letting it drop on the table. This was- something new, something hypocritical to what they fought against. She was torn, she really was.

"Was this Plutarchs idea?" Haymitch asked, looking at Coin.

"It was mine, it balances the need for revenge, with the least loss of human life. You may cast your votes."

Octavia bit her lip, tapping her fingers against the wooden table.

"No, obviously not this is crazy," Peeta exclaimed, flabbergasted by the idea.

"Well, I think it's more than fair. Snows got a granddaughter, I vote yes," Johanna smirked vindictivelly, disagreeing with Peeta.