40

They were awoken at the crack of dawn, ordered to dress in their gear and collect their weapons.

Octavia finished by sheathing her sword on her back, not missing the way a few of the propoganda team members took a cautious step backward. She nearly laughed.

"Alright, listen up!" Boggs commanded, holding a gun in his hand.

"The chambers empty," he held it up, showing them before putting it in the gun and handing the immobile and non-deadly weapon to Peeta.

"It's only for the propo."

They began their journey, walking through ruins and abandoned building to get to the destination.

Finnick was reading from a paper, helping Peeta to remember his line for his portion of the propoganda footage, with Octavia chiming in every once in a while.

"More- emotion," Octavia pursed her lips, smirking humorlessly at Peeta who offered a tiny smile in response.

"You will be a vital part of the democracy that follows our victory," Peeta doubted himself, and Octavia only patted his shoulder before returning to Finnicks side.

Boggs walked through the area, holding the hollow in front of him.

"Boggs, this is a good spot, through there in the courtyard," Cressida pointed, and Boggs nodded before walking to clear it.

The device startes beeping, the noise echoing throughout the wrecked area.

"We've got a pod, split and take cover," Boggs commanded, and Octavia immediately split with Peeta and Finnick, following them.

"Stay back," Boggs warned, before tossing a rock in between the large columned buildings.

Machine gun firing immediately followed, and Octavia flinched slightly, before looking up at her idiot of a husband who was peeking over her shoulder, grinning.

She kicked him, rolling her eyes as he fake pouted.

The firing stopped, and Boggs shouted out orders as he went to inspect the area once more.

She stood along with Finnick, glancing down at a panicked Peeta. She decided to leave him, worried he would snap if she did anything.

A loud explosion was heard, and Octavia ran towards it, Katniss in front of her doing the same.

"Everdeen, Odair! Hold your positon!" Lieutenant Jackson shouted, but both girls ignored him, running to the mans side.

"Th- The hollow," he muttered. Octavia grabbed it, handing it to him.

He spoke some words Octavia could barely hear over the shouting, but she realized what he was doing. He was transfering the authority to Katniss.

"Say your name," Boggs ordered, and Katniss shakily did so.

"Katniss Everdeen," she stumbled over her words, her breathing heavy.

"Don't trust them, b-both of you. Kill Peeta if you have to, do what you can to do," were Boggs last words before the light faded from his eyes, his chest falling but not rising again, his face contorting to one if peace.