32

"Finn."

Octavia watched as he turned around from where he was pacing, and looked her up and down for injury before pulling her into his arms.

"I- I thought I lost you," he whimpered into her neck, inhaling. She kissed his shoulder, pulling away slightly.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Odair," she smirked, fiddling with the neckline of his shirt.

They walked over the the tiny bed that Finnick had claimed, it's thin mattress peaking through the side.

They both sat down, his arms wrapped tightly around her back as she put her head into the soft apot between his neck and shoulder.

Each bang, each loud crash from above them made Finnick flinch and Octavia let out a small whimper, the loudness reminding her of the games, of the terror.

She eventually fell asleep, the darkness and soft light of the lanterns lulling her into a dreamy haze.

She awoke about an hour later to Finnick shifting her body to lay against the pillows as he sat up.

"Hey," she heard Katniss' soft voice, a mumble in the quiet bunker.

"Can I sit?" She asked, softly, and Finnick moved over, resting a hand on Octavias back as he rubbed small circles into the covered skin.

"Is- is she okay?" Katniss said, gesturing to Octavia. Finnick nodded, smiling.

"Exhausted, but okay."

"I'm right here, Everdeen," Octavia cracked her eyes open, smirking at the mockingjay.

Katniss looked over at Octavia, who now sat against the metal pole that held the bed together.

"Snows using Annie, and Adriana, to punish you. He's- he's taunting us with them," Katniss muttered, running a hand down her face.

"I didn't understand until just now, watching that stupid cat," Katniss chuckled humorlessly, glancing at Octavia who gave a lazy smile.

"It's a cute cat."

They both ignored her.

"After your first games, Octavia and I talked on the phone for hours about you and Peeta. We thought your whole romance was just an act. We expected you to continue that strategy. But- it wasn't until Peetas heart stopped, and we thought he did that I knew I misjudged you," Finnick spoke, looking at Katniss. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. She was speechless.

"You love him," Octavia stated, catching Katniss' eye with her own.

"You might now even know it yourself, but anyone paying attention can see it," Finnick said, his eyes not leaving her face.

"How do you live with it?" Katniss asked, her voice raspy and breathless.

"I drag myself into nightmares where there's no relief in waking up, but its better not to give into it," he said simply, looking at Octavia who combed a hand through her hair.

"It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart," Octavia looked at Katniss, who she knew was on the verge of falling apart.

"Remember that, Everdeen."

Katniss nodded slightly, whispering a goodbye before returning to her bed.

"I love you," Finnick whispered, crawling back next to her.

"As I love you," Octavia whispered into his ear, feeling him cuddle into her.

That night, the both of them slept without any nightmares.

_

"Octavia."

She jolted awake, finding Finnicks arm loosely wrapped around her waist.

She looked up at Katniss and Bogges, who stood impatiently.

"Come on," Katniss gestured, and Octavia only nodded as she pried Finnicks arm off of her, pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek.

"I'll be back, love."

She followed them into a room containing Coin and Plutarch, who were waiting expectedly.

Octavia entered last, and she could've sworn she saw Coin roll her eyes at her presence.

She was really starting to hate that woman.

"Your mother and sister okay?" Coin asked Katniss, who nodded as a response.

"I- I need you to do something for us. I need you to tell Panem that we survived the attack from the Capital with no casualties," Coin said, and Katniss looked at her, nodding.

"You should know something. Because of Peetas warning, we had eight extra minutes of civilian evacuation time, I won't forget that," Coin smiled, and Octavia refraimed from scoffing.

"Thank you," Katniss breathed, exiting the room with both Octavia and Boggs.

_

a/n

super short chapter, sorry loves😥

-ave<3