44

The three rebels entered the flooded streets of the Capitol, their cloak hoods covering their faces as they kept their heads down.

Octavia knew that they still didn't quite blend alongside the bright colors of the Capitol people, their wigs and dresses a whole rainbow comapred to their boring black and green cloaks.

Nobody had batted an eye at them, not yet anyway. Peacekeepers stood atop their trucks, guns pointed as they scanned the area. Octavia kept her eyes downward, refusing to look at them.

In front of them, peacekeepers pulled the hoods down from Capitol citizens, checking them. Octavia cursed lowly, looking at Katniss who had the same expression.

Katniss suddenly grabbed her arm, turning them around to walk back through the crowd. Octavia let out a shaky breath, their faces now more visable to the citizens.

They saw another peacekeeper making their way through the crowd, and Octavia sent a panicked look to Katniss, who only turned them around again.

She knew the peacekeeper had saw them, maybe not their faces but definately the way they turned.

Octavia gripped the gun in her pocket that Cressida had given her, awaiting the peacekeeper.

Although something beat him, because a large explosion went off near them.

"Its the rebels!" Someone shouted, and screaming and gunfire immediately followed.

They dropped to the ground, Octavia sticking her head up slightly. Bullets whizzed by, her hair blowing in the wind.

They eventually stood, running for cover. They stopped behind a small metal wall, Octavia on the edge as she peeked through a crack.

She pulled out her hand gun, shooting through the space. She hit two peacekeepers, before a bullet hit the wall by her face and she turned back around, glancing at Katniss.

Gale stood, turning to a slumped over peacekeeper. He ripped the gun from his arms, kicking him down before gesturing for the girls to follow him.

They crouched, running towards cover behind a tank. Octavia held up her small gun, shooting any peacekeepers in range.

They ducked behind the army truck, Octavia inhaling deeply. Apparently, she couldn't catch a break because the truck immediately exploded, sending the three toppling in opposite directions.

Octavia landed next to Katniss with a groan, her arm making a hideous crunching noise. She whimpered, but ignored the pain that shot up her arm and into her shoulder.

They stood quickly, Katniss retrieving her bow as she aimed it towards Gale.

"Shoot me!" He shouted, and Octavia nudged her, waiting for her to do something. Octavia knew she couldn't- she knew Katniss was incapable of doing that.

They watched people crowd towards the gates, glancing at eachother before pulling their cloaks over their faces and wading through the crowd.

Another explosion rocked near them, and they both flinched at they reached a large truck amongst the crowds of people. Mothers handing their children over, people injured and screaming.