Chapter 15

I froze.  His sister.  Did he really just say that Louis's mate is his sister.  Oh shit.  I looked down at my lap and started to play with my fingers.  "I didn't know.  I'm sorry." I said still looking down.  Cole grabbed my chin and gently lifted my head up so I was looking at him.  "Why are you apologizing?"  He asked.  "I thought you were mad at me for running...twice." I said looking at him.  His face sofened and I am pretty sure that is the first time he let me see his soft side.  He pulled me onto his lap and snuggled into me.  "You have nothing to apologize for." He said.  "Yes I do." I whispered snuggling into him and started crying.  "Hey, why are you crying?" He asked pulling away and wiping my eyes.

"I ran away because I was scared and I thought you were going to reject me and I want to be with you."  I sobbed.  "Shh...shhh, it's ok." He soothed hugging me close.  "Can you tell me why you were scared?" He asked and I figured that it was a good time to tell him.  "When I was little I had a mother.  She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen.  I would awake every morning to smell bacon that she made.  One day I awoke and I didn't smell bacon.

Flashback

----------------

I got out of bed and walked down the stairs.  I saw daddy sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand but I couldn't see mommy.  Then I saw something infront of the T.V.  Looking closer I saw it was mommy; dead infront of the TV.  Blood was all over the floor around her making her once golden locks a deep red color.  Daddy looked at me and got up.  I started to back up as he walked towards me. There was blood on his hands and he was drunk again.  I went to run, but he got a hold of my arm.  "Thomas!" I yelled as daddy dragged me to his bedroom.  He opened the door and walked towards his private bathroom.  Opening the door, he threw me on the ground and locked the door.  Walking over to me, daddy knelt down infront of me.  I tried to back away from him but he caught my hair and yanked me back. 

"This will not get out to the pack.  Understood." He said as he traced my leg.

End of flashback

---------------------------

"He only touched me.  When my brother found out what my dad was doing to me, I could see that he wanted to do something.  The only thing stopping him was that dad threatened to kill Louis and I if he did anything.  So he helped dad beat me.  I could see it pained him every hit that he took on me."  I said looking down at my hands and sobbing.  While I was telling the story I could feel Coles arms get tighter and tighter around me.  Now he was shaking and was about to shift.  Looking up into Coles eyes, I saw that they were black. 

"Cole." I said as I tried to get out of his grip.  Growling he held me closer then before.  The shaking got worse meaning that he was about to shift.  "Reneè don't you dare leave." Cole growled tightening his hold.  "Well if your going to shift I don't want to be in your arms." I said still trying to get out of his grip.  Bad move.  In seconds I was pushed to the ground with a big golden wolf hovering over me.  I layed there on the ground as the wolf growled and stared at me.  "Cole?" I asked touching his black paw.  His growling subsided a little as my hand rubed up his paw.  He got off of me and layed beside me.  I went to get up but he grabbed ahold of my shirt and kept me down.  "Ok." I whispered snuggling into him.  I guess he thinks that I will run again if I leave.  Or it could be that he just needs to know I'm here.  I stuggled into his side as he lifted up his front leg and let me put my head on his other leg as the top one went over me; shielding me from the world.  We layed there for a while just enjoying eachother. 

My eyes started to close and I gave into sleep as I snuggled more into the beautiful wolf of a protector I had.  At that point I had made up my mind.  I'm going to stay.  No more running.  No more fear of my father.  No more.  And thats how I like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Charley:)