Chapter 13

I felt the colour drain from my face. I looked down and fiddled with the hem of my shirt. Cole put his fingre under my chin and made me look at him in the eyes.

"Reneè, why do you have all of those scars on you?" He asked again getting impatient. "Ummm..." I said still not sure if I should tell him or not. I mean I will be staying here for a while, and he is my mate but I'm not sure if I can still fully trust him yet. I know I can't fully trust him yet and I know that it will be hard for me to trust someone but I should trust him. Oh my gosh, I'm rambling now.

"Yes you are." Cole said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I asked confused. "I can hear your thoughts since we are mates." He said as if I had just asked a stupid question. I just stared at him in confusion. I saw a look of annoyance cross his face. "Since I'm alpha I can hear your thoughts whether we are mated or not." He said. "Now stop avoiding the question. Why do you have scars all over your body?"

"Uhmm...in my old pack we trained hard?" I said but I think I made it come out like more of a question. "Ok," Cole said and got off the bed taking his shirt off. "If you and your pack trained so hard then you wouldn't mind showing me some of your moves." Cole said turning around so he is now facing me. "Or did you lie to me?" He asked and I shook my head and hesitantly got off the couch.  I didn't lie, my pack did train hard but, I was never aloud to train. I only know how to run and hide. I made my way towards him and stood about five feet away from him.

He came at me and I dodged him when he tried to tackle me. I made a b-line to the door quickly unlocking it and ran down the stairs. I didn't want to tell him about my past and I never will but if we are mates then I will have to at one point in time. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I sniffed the air for Louis's scent. I got a whiff of it and ran in that direction.

I found him in the living room with a girl around his age sitting together on the couch. I took in the girls appearance. She had long dark brown hair and baby blue eyes. She was wearing a beautiful light green summer dress.

"Louis?" I asked quietly. He turned and looked at me smiling. "Hey Ren, this is Melanie!" He said excitedly while the girl blushed.  I looked at her again and she seemed to hide behind Louis. "And guess what!" Louis said again. "What?" I quickly asked. "She's my mate!!!" He all but shouted. I stared at them, wide eyed and looked back at the girl who was blushing like crazy. I know that alpha men find their mate earlier but I didn't know it was this early.

Well that changed my plans now, because Louis hasn't been this happy in a long time and I can't ruin it for him. I guess we will be staying here for a while.

I heard heavy footsteps running this way quickly so I ran. On my way out I shouted for Louis and Melanie to not tell them where I wen't to. I ran all the way to the front door and quickly jerked it open.

I ran all the way to the forest dodging people that were outside. I made it to the forest and kept running. After about four minutes of running I stopped and looked around. I didn't mean to run this far into the woods I only meant to run a little bit in and then think of an excuse to tell Cole. But I guess I lost track of how long I was running for. I found a tall tree and sat down at the bottom of it.

When I was running I stayed in human form since if the pack saw a wolf the they have never seen before and technically a rouge at that, running on their land, that wouldn't be good. I heard a howl that held a lot of power and knew for a fact that it was Cole. I leaned my head back against the tree and just enjoyed the sound of nature around me. I have always liked the forest, but I was never aloud to just go into the forest.

My eyes shot open when I heard a snap of a twig. My heart rate started to pick up as I felt a wolf get closer. The bushes to my right started to shuffle and then a big shaggy brown wolf stalked out of it. Looking around I saw many others come and surround me.  The shaggy wolf shifted and I was met face to face with the first rouge I have ever saw.  My eyes windened like soucers and I stood up.  The wolves all growled as the now human smirked.  "Well, well, well.  What do we have here boys?" He asked looking at the others.  I'm guessing this one is the leader.  "Another rouge, and female at that." He said walking closer to me.  I backed up as far as I could into the tree.  The rouge reached me and pressed himself against me.  Reaching up, he moved a piece of hair out of my face.  I flinched away as he touched me, but that earned me a slap to the face. 

I shut my eyes tightly and waited for them to do something.  "What should we do to her boys?" He asked looking behind him.  "Get the fuck away from her." Someone growled.  I opened my eyes a little.  Only to see Cole standing there looking pissed as hell.  "Oh? And what if I dont?" The rouge asked tauntingly. "You damn know what will happen.  Dont fucking touch her." Cole growled back looking angrier and angrier.  "You mean, like this?" The rouge asked right as his lips crashed against mine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN