Chapter 16

I awoke in my bed of heaven. I yawned and groggely opened my eyes. It was light out meaning that I had slept all night. I turn my head and see my wonderful mate sound asleep beside me. I let a slight smile form on my lips as I study him. His lips are slightly pursed into almost a pout and his forehead is wrinkled making me giggle some. He looks so cute like this. Vulnerable with no worries. I turn and reach up to his forehead. My little hands smooth out his wrinkles and I smile some more when he lets out a groan.

Then ever so slowly, his dark brown orbs open up. "Good morning sugarcake." Cole whispered as he leaned in and gently pressed his soft lips to mine. "Good morning." I replied smiling as we pulled away. "So you decided to give me a chance?" Cole asked hopefully as he brought me closer to him. I couldn't speak with how close we were so I only nodded my head. That was the best decision ever because that was the first time I got to witness my mate smile. A real smile. One that reached his eyes and that you couldn't help but smile back at. One that I already love so much.

Cole leaned in again and caught my lips in another gental kiss. He pulled back and I stare dazed at him as he caressed my cheek.  I looked into Cole's beautiful eyes and saw that he spaced out meaning he was mindliking. He is probably setting up the meeting. I snuggled closer to him and watched as he blinked and came out of his daze. I smiled at him as I sat up. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I started the shower and then took all my cloths off before stepping in. The warm water relaxed me even more as I let it run over my body. I washed my hair and shaved everything that needed to be and then shut the water off.  Stepping out of the shower, I grabbed a fluffy towel ans tied it around myself. I walked into the bedroom and saw Cole still laying in bed.

I bypassed him as I walked into the closet and grabbed my choice of cloths for the day. I put on some underwear and a bra before grabbing a white short sleeve v-neck shirt with ruching on the side and paired it with Viggos straight low rise bootcut jeans. I slipped on some hightops and grabbed a thin plaid sweater before walking out of the closet Cole looked over at me as I walked to him and layed down on my side beside him on the bed. He looked at me before he started to play with some of my hair. I looked into his brown eyes and let a slight smile graze my lips as I thought about how I was so lucky to have him as a mate.

"What are we doing today?" I asked him as he continued to play with my hair. "Well I was thinking that today I could introduce you to the pack as my mate." He said making me freeze. What if they don't like me? Or what if I embarrass myself in front of his whole pack? I would be ashamed for the rest of my life. "Relax, Reneè. They will love you and I will be beside you the whole time." He stated making my nerves calm down some. "Ok. What time?" I asked feeling somewhat overwhelmed. "Around noon." Cole said still playing with my hair like it was the only thing that kept him entertained. I turned and looked at the clock.

"Cole?" I asked trying to get his attention. "Hmmm?" He hummed back at me. "It's 11:30!" I yelled at him getting up out of the bed. "So?" He questioned as he tried to reach out for me. "So? So? It's 11:30 and I need to get ready. I won't have enough time to get ready and then I will look like a mess." I ranted as I moved and went to the closet. As I was about to enter the closet, warm arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into a hard chest. "Calm down Angel Cakes, you look fine as you are." Cole whispered in my ear. "Cole I can't just look fine. I have to look better then fine." I stated as I tried to get out of his grip. "And you will, when I am by your side." Cole replied as he moved us away from the closet. I decided against struggling know that I can't look better than I do right now.

I sighed as I looked up at Cole. He was zoned out compleatly giving me the chance to play with him. Slowly, I slipped out of his grip and started to lightly push him on the bed. I moved on top of him as I straddled his waist. He was still zoned out as I leaned down and started to kiss up his neck. I nibbled a trail up and down his neck as I waited for him to quite mindlinking whoever he is. I pressed my chest to his and started to run my hands up and down his chest. There was a low growl as I was suddenly flipped over and held down by a black eyed Cole.

I smiled innocently up at him as his obsidian eyes glared down at me. "Whats wrong?" I play innocent as I stare up at him. "You bloody know." Cole growled at me as I giggled. I pushed him off of me.  He didn't fight me as he layed beside me on the bed. We just stared at each other as I slowly reached up and caressed his jaw until his eyed changed back to their beautiful colour. "Lets go eat." I whispered as I got up and walked towards the door. I waited for Cole to come by my side before I opened the door.

Entering the kitchen, I saw Louis and Tyler trying to cook. Tyler couldn't cook to save his life and Louis never learned how to cook so you can see why this is an odd sight. "What are you guys doing?" I asked as I looked at the island and saw Melanie snickering at the sight. I walked over and sat beside her as I awaited for an answer. "Melanie said that we could get access to Cole's video games if we can make a decent meal. So here we are." Tyler explained as Louis tried hard no to burn what ever they are making. "Did she now?" Cole asked as he moved me and sat me on his lap. He shot a glare at his younger sister as she just smiled at him. "Relax, by the looks of it your video games aren't going to be used by them." Melanie replied making me smile. She really is sweet for Louis.

That's when it was heard. The sound of a wolf howl. Everyone froze with that one thing. "That's one of our patrols. Alpha," Tyler explained looking over at Cole. "I will mind link Delta. Come with me." Cole growled as he moved me off his lap. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before him and Tyler ran out of the house. I still sat there frozen as Louis turned the stove off. "Reneè, can you make breakfast?" Louis asked me as he saw the look on my face. I quickly gave him a small smile and hopped off of the island stool. Moving to the stove, I quickly got started on some pancakes. When they were done, I put them in front of Louis and Melanie as I got lost in my thoughts. Patrol wolves only do that when there is a big threat. I hope everything is alright, I can't loose these people too. I just can't.

That night, I lay awake in bed as I await for Cole to get back. He still hadn't come back since the incident and I was getting worried. What if something happened to him. I couldn't live with that. Deciding to quit moping and do something, I quickly threw the blankets off of me and got up. I put on a baggy sweater and joggy pants and walked out of the pack house. The moon light lit the way through the forest as my wolf ran. We dodged branches and jumped over logs as we caught our mates scent.

Pushing ourselves faster, we finally caught the scent of another pack. Coming to a stop, I crouched behind a log as I watched the scene unfold between the two packs. Thats when I saw it, the other pack. It was my old pack and neither them or my new pack looked happy at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone I just wanted to say I am so sorry for the late update. I will try and update sooner but no promises.

Also I have some big news...I have made a website for my profile. It has sneek peeks about what books are to come and you can also put in some requests for a book if you want it to be written. Or if you just wanna chat you can too.

So yeah go check it out and I will try for another update soon.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Charley:)