nine

.

- April -

.

"April." A voice hums into my ear.

"Dad?" I whispered, it felt as if I was back at home.

"Sweetheart, you're going to be safe. We found him, and took him to the cops. They killed him." He nods. "He's gone, you don't have to worry anymore."

"No..No, why did you kill him?" I gasped, shaking my head.

"Because he tried to kill you." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you really think he'd be your savior, April?"

"I--"

"He's insane. All he wants is the idea of having you. Once he does, he won't even second guess about killing you right after. Run, April. Run." The image of my father neared me. His lips met mine as I screamed, pulling away. As I blinked, it was Harry.

"You're going to be safe with me, April.'' He murmured, a knife in his hand as he held it up and stabbed me, right in the heart.

I gasped, my eyes shooting open as I looked at my surroundings. It was just a dream. A bad dream.

I felt beads of sweat on my forehead as I brushed it off with the back of my hand. Breathing heavily, I closed my eyes.

"April." Perrie murmured. "April?''

"Huh?"

"Are you alright?" She asks, as I nodded, gulping.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. It was just a nightmare."

And I had a feeling these nightmares would be happening for awhile.

"I don't know what to do." I whispered as she glances at me in the dark.

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"I.. If this is the right thing to do, to trust him."

"He stands up for you, I heard it. Maybe, deep in that psychopathic mind of his, he has a soul."

"He did. We used to go the same school with each other, that is until he suddenly disappeared for three years. And then here he is again, just.. Showing up."

"That's a good thing, believe it or not. We need him." Perrie whispered.

Right as she said that, I hear footsteps outside as I let out a slight gasp.

"Shh.'' Perrie calmed me as we remained silent.

The door burst open as the lights switched on. I squinted slightly, not used to the sudden change of lighting as I gulped.

"Look who decided to come early," Zayn hummed, as he held Harry by the shirt.

"No..Let him go." I stared in shock as Harry's eyes locked with mine.

He seemed so calm, for a guy who had just gotten caught.

"Fine." Zayn chuckled, shoving him down as he fell to the ground.

All the girls in the room panicked, as I flinched. "No!" I tried to lurch forward, but the chains wouldn't let me. Before I could stop him, Zayn dropped to the floor and began to punch at him repeatedly.

"Stop! Stop." I choked out, a lump growing in my throat. "I'll do anything just p-please!" I shakily pleaded.

"Anything?" He immediately stopped as Harry weakly looked up at me.

"I'm so sorry." I mouthed to him, shaking my head.

All he wanted was to save me. Thing is, it wasn't like that the first day I got to know him. Somehow, his actions were so impulsive.. He, himself was impulsive.

"Come here, babe." He nods, Zayn coming over and harshly unchaining me. You could tell he was angry just by the look on his face as I looked over at Perrie and Jade. Jade had a blank look on her face, tears brimming her eyes as Perrie buried her face in her hands, not wanting to see any of this.

He harshly grabs me by the hair as I winced when he dropped me to the floor, next to Harry.

I look at the boy, as I brush some of his curls away from his face as I pushed them back.

"I..I'm going to get you out of here." He told me. "I promised." He coughed slightly as I shushed him.

"Aw, how sweet." Zayn spoke sarcastically. "Too bad you told me you'd do anything, huh? Such a shame, right Liam?"

Liam chuckled from the door, smirking slightly. "It's too bad."

Zayn kneels down in front of me, his brown eyes peering into mine.

"I want you," He murmurs, pulling his gun out of his pocket. "To shoot Harry, right now."

"No..No I'll kill him." I cried, closing my eyes.

"Shoot him or I'll shoot the both of you, and oh it will not end pretty. Do you really want to die on this floor right now? With the guy who kidnapped you?" He takes my face into his hand, a menacing look on his face.

"Y-you were Harry's only friend, through all this time. All you do is betray him." I nearly spat.

"Well, Harry's the one being a bad friend. Trying to ruin my plans. Tell that to him, darling." He shrugged carelessly as he set the gun in my shaky and cold hand. "Shoot him. Now."

I looked at Harry, as a tear streamed down my face. I couldn't do this.. I know I wanted to shoot him when I tried to escape from him but for god sake, he was saving me right now.  Why would I even think of shooting him at all right now.

And somewhere, deep down inside of me.. I knew he was still human. He just lost his way, all he needed was to find his way back to himself. I wasn't afraid of him.

"Shoot me, April." Harry clenched his jaw, as he spat blood. His green eyes looked sadder than ever, his eyebrows furrowed.

"N-no, I can't." I choked out. "I'm not shooting you, Harry I--"

"You have three seconds before Liam shoots the both of you down, I swear he'll do it.'' Zayn threatened, gritting his teeth.

"Three," He begins to count, leaning against the wall.

I was sobbing, as I shakily held the gun. Pointing it at Harry, I bit my lip.

"Two." Zayn hums, tilting his head as Liam prepared, pointing the gun at me first.

"And o--"

I didn't know how I did it.. But before Zayn could finish, I had quickly pointed the gun at Liam, shooting him down twice.

Zayn was shocked, as it took him a few seconds to gain composure before he took his own weapon out.

"April." Harry choked out, as I winced. Crying out, Liam had shot me right in the shoulder before I had killed him of course.

"I can take you down, so easily." Zayn spoke angrily. "You fucking bitch!"

Harry sat up, groaning. "Stay behind me, give me the gun." He says, as I do as said. Putting pressure on my shoulder, I stared at Zayn.

"You know, go ahead and kill me. The real boss will be here any minute by now anyway." He smirked.

Harry tensed at his words, as I looked at him confused.

"Who is he talking about?" I whispered.

He sighed, closing his eyes. He mumbled one name before I felt the fear slowly creep in.

"Niall."

.