eight

.

- Harry -

* FLASHBACK *

It's been exactly three weeks after I had kidnapped Jane. Thing is, first she was just my toy to keep me company, to distract me. Now it seemed much more than just a distraction.

"Thing is, I don't miss my family." She sighed, as I glanced at her.

We were both sitting on the floor in the bedroom, across each other.

"And I like it here." She chuckled, shrugging. "You make me feel safe and.."

"You don't want to be found." I finished her sentence for her, as she nods with a small smile.

I remembered the first week, when all Jane would do was push me away, even try to escape numerous times. Everyday, she'd cry, just wishing to be found either by her parents, the police, or just anyone really. That is, until just recently last week, the case closed. With lack of evidence found, her parents lost hope immediately and just decided on letting go of the case.

Jane was devastated, she really was. Until she just began to slowly give up and let go of her life outside.

Then finally, here we are now. She chose me. The life, with me.

"You don't think I'm crazy?" I whispered.

Her brown eyes softened as she neared me. She sat in front of me, as she slowly reached her hand out. Her fingers gently brushed my cheek as I closed my eyes. "I'm not afraid of you anymore.. All you've ever done is protect me."

"How?" I asked further, my hand reaching to hers as I slightly squeezed it.

"When Zayn tried to take me away from you.. He almost killed me, right in front of you. But you still saved me." She smiled weakly. "You just kinda saved my life."

"I want to be honest with you." I say, staring into her eyes.

She nods, as I slowly pull her towards me. She sits in between my legs as I held her closer to me.

"I was supposed to kill you.. Give you a slow and painful death." I whispered into her ear. This time, she didn't seem to tense at all though. "But you were too special to let go of. It might seem like a daze, all of this. But you're living a dream. With me."

I kiss her on the top of her head, as I closed my eyes.

"Are we going to leave this place?"

"You want to?" I asked, clearly surprised.

Jane nods slowly. "Of course I do. Anything, just for you."

I was almost haunted by the fewest words. I was too afraid myself..

So how could I possibly love someone else?

*

I pace back and forth, sighing. I had to think. Zayn had to tell me something about where he would be brought these girls. He did. I just couldn't remember.

Running my fingers through my hair, I shoved at the wall in frustration as I let out a sigh. My thoughts were jumbling, and my head was fucking throbbing.. How the hell can I think straight?

I thought back to when Zayn was first asking me about Jane...

*
"So Jane, huh? Who's she?" He smirked,  as he inhaled from a cigarette and exhaled.