Chapter 8

The hero's stared in shock as their friend laid on the ground dying. Dark Obsidian then came out of the buildings shadow revealing Lightning's blood on his blade. "You son of a bi-" Twister screamed in anger as he lunged at Dark Obsidian, but was put down when Lava Hound self erupted knocking all of the hero's down to the ground. "Shall we kill the rest sir?" Dark Obsidian asked his Master. Lava Hound got up from the ground and shook his head 'no.' The villains all gathered together looking at the hero's who were laying on the ground in pain. Twister opened his eyes to see Tendency and Roxy unconscious beside each other. Twister struggled to get to one knee. Lava Hound looked at him impressed that he still moved, Dark Obsidian took one step towards Twister but Lava Hound put his hand up waving him off. "I'll ki-" Lava Hound stopped him from talking by kicking him in the face making Twisters nose bleed. "I thought that would be a better speech," Lava Hound mocked him.

Breakneck ran threw the city, then realizing that there were no more explosions or gunfire. He looked to where he last saw battle, then ran off towards it to see if the battle was won. It wasn't he ran up to where the hero's were recovering and he saw that his best friend had been stabbed. He was still alive thanks to Frostbite using her cold ability to keep the blood from pouring out. "What happened," Breakneck asked Wave who was nursing Tendency. "We lost" Wave said in a low voice, Breakneck looked around "No there's no way!" Breakneck yelled, then tearing up Wave responded "Lightning's lost a lot of blood you need to take him to the nearest hospital," Breakneck still trying to absorb the fact that they lost nodded. He picked up his friend then ran off to a hospital at a safe speed since Lightning was bleeding badly.

Once Breakneck got his friend to a hospital and into a room for surgery he walked around the hospital trying to think of what he could have done to make this not have happened. "I could have been faster!" Breakneck screamed at himself. The doctors and everyone around stopped and looked at him. He realized that they were staring at him, he then ran up to the roof. He sat down on the edge of the building looking at the broken city. "What could have I done," Breakneck said out loud to himself, then looking down at his dangling feet. Then he finally accepted it, the hero's had finally lost.