𝟎𝟏

-✮-

                    ᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆ "Aye! Chuck it here now. I'm serious I need to go!" 

Aggravated cries of Robyn Duffy could be heard throughout the modest Irish home as she continued her attempt to snatching her school book from her brother's hands. The taller, yet younger boy managed to hold it above her head with ease, a smirk plastered across his face. 

"I swear to our lord above, Cillian, if you don't hand me that book in ten seconds," She grumbled, taking a step back and crossing her arms across her chest. 

"You shouldn't swear to God, Rob, if mammy hears you she'll have an absolute fit!" The youngest Duffy mused, the book still high in his grasp as his sibling looked on. 

Shaking her head, she waved him off with one hand. "Nae bother, keep it, Erin is gonna kill me if they're left waiting for me. I'll just tell mammy you're the reason I'm at school unprepared. She'll believe me over the adopted one anyway!" 

"I am not fecking adopted!" Cillian groaned, his arms falling for a second, giving Robyn the opportunity to grab her book from his hand. The joke was a common one between the pair, purely due to the fact that the boy looked nothing like their parents.

"It's all good fun. Thanks for the book, you better leave too because ma and da will kill you if you're late on your first day back," She smirked slightly, standing on her tiptoes to ruffle her brother's hair before rushing towards the door. "Love ya!" 

"Love ya too, Rob." The boy called, rolling his eyes before the door was slammed shut. 

-✮-

Rushing into Dennis's Wee Shop, the blonde thankfully spotted her friends stood in front of the counter. Erin seemed quite enamoured with the sweets, whereas Clare was most likely talking about that Ethiopian fella she was supposed to be sponsoring or something. If truth be told, she wasn't listening when the girl told her on the phone the previous night. Thankfully, Robyn caught Orla's eye as the taller girl opened her arms for a hug, which she gratefully accepted. 

"You're a bit late, Birdie?" Orla mumbled as the other two argued between themselves. "Did your wee brother steal your shoes again?"

Nodding, she took a little glance towards Dennis, who was eyeing all four of them. It was no lie that the girl didn't do well in social situations. Interacting with people was never her forte, and the idea of Dennis yelling at them again terrified her to her very core. 

It wasn't til a few moments later that she'd realised what Orla had actually said, causing her to quickly shake her head. 

"No, Cillian took one of my books. My shoes are firmly on my feet." She smiled up at her friend, just as Clare and Erin got louder. 

"Stop slaggin' off Kamal! Kamal doesn't have it easy, now will you sponsor me or not?" The shortest of the group whined, holding the pen out to Erin who reluctantly began pouring her sweets from the bag she'd filled. 

Robyn soon began rummaging through her bag, finding her purse and grabbing two pounds herself that she'd promised Clare that previous night. 

Suddenly, as Erin finished pouring her sweets, Dennis practically ran over. 

"You touch them, you buy them," He harshly informed the girls, "That's the law."