𝟎𝟔

-✮-

                    ᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆ "So, firstly we have the tutoring!" 

With the notice board leaning against the wall, Erin stood in front of her bed holding a notebook and pen, ready to assign everyone their jobs for the day. After the previous night, with Michelle stealing said board from Fionnula, they had no other option but to buckle down and actually earn some cash from their friend's crime. 

However, Robyn was... distracted. The entire walk home and walk to Erin's consisted of Clare teasing her about the fact that she not only now had James's jacket, but they also had a so-called moment. She didn't have the jacket now, though. It was sat at home draped across her desk chair. There was no way she was going to let Michelle see her with her cousin's jacket, she'd never shut up about it. The blonde was well aware she'd have to sneak it back to him at some point, to avoid all kinds of humiliation and backlash. 

"I thought you might be best suited to that, Clare? Because" Erin began again, her eyes trained upon the notebook in her hands before she was spoken over. 

"I'm the brightest," Clare nodded unassumingly before Orla's foot lightly came in contact with her side.

"Didn't Birdie score higher than you on our last History exam?" Orla questioned, nudging the girl beside her.

Seeing as she was sat beside Orla at the furthest end of Erin's bed, she quickly pulled her attention back to the conversation. "Aye, but the tutoring is in English and Clare's better at that than me," 

Shrugging, the curly-haired girl simply nodded and allowed her cousin to continue. 

"In that conventional sort of way, I suppose you two are the brightest.," Erin muttered, before quickly looking back down at her list. "There's also some babysitting! Birdie, you have a little brother so..." 

Robyn simply nodded, having no issue with a bit of babysitting. She used to do it all the time, even though she was only a year older than her brother. 

"And the child will be in bed.. since it's the highest paying job Michelle can tag along with you. You should just about be able to manage that." Erin smiled curtly at the girl. 

"Oh thanks. You should just about be able to manage this!" Michelle quickly stuck her middle finger up at the blonde, causing practically everyone to roll their eyes. 

"Always the lady.." She muttered in response before crossing babysitting off from her list. "There's also some gardening, mowing a lawn, et cetera. This will require a bit of muscle so..." Erin spoke teasingly slowly as her eyes found their way to James but quickly bounced to her own cousin. "You should take that one, Orla." 

Instantly, the boy seemed saddened, his shoulders falling and his brows furrowing. While James was the only boy of the group, Erin did have a point. Orla was weirdly strong, much stronger than she looked. 

Though, he finally spoke up. "No, I should do that one. It's a man's job, Erin. I'm a man." 

"That's debatable.." Michelle piped up, earning a small glare from Robyn as she finally sat up, scooting forward slightly to place her hand on James's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. 

"Well, I'm more of a man than Orla!" He debated once again, causing everyone to cringe par the girl in question. 

"I do not accept that!" She retorted, looking at the boy in pure disgust. 

"Come on Erin!" James begged, soon feeling Robyn's hand leave his shoulder as she went back to go sit beside Orla, trying to console her after the attack on her 'manliness'.