Comet

Dalila

I yawn, stretching my paws out in front of me as I wake up. I look around the small cave me and my siblings are sleeping in. It's tiny, and we can barely fit in here without lying on top of each other. Vines hang over the small entrance, making it almost invisible to the untrained eye. We wish we could sleep in a nicer place, but we can't risk going too close to pride rock, and this hidden place provides the perfect amount of cover. I slip out through the vines, leaving Kali and Asani sleeping alone. I walk around the small area we've been hunting in, just to stretch out my legs. It's then I see a group of lionesses - there must be around ten of them, surrounding a group of antelope, crouching low in the grass. It must be a hunting party. 
As soon as I see them I crouch low in the grass too, and begin to retreat, walking backwards in the general direction of our cave. I can't afford to be caught here, and I need to get the hell out of here before the herd run in my direction. When I'm far enough away, I turn around and break into a sprint, rounding a corner, planning to hide behind a large tree, and perhaps climb into it while I wait for the lionesses to return to pride rock. 
I expected there to be no-one behind the tree, and I almost scream when I collide with something. It's clearly another lion, but with much more bulk than me, and my momentum causes me to fall backwards, landing painfully on my side in the dust. 

"Ow."

"Sorry?"

I look up to see Mheetu, sat in the shade of the tree. He offers me a paw, and I take it, standing up and using my tail to get the dust off my flanks. 

"I'm so, so sorry."

He just smiles at me, "I think it hurt you more than it hurt me!"

I roll my eyes, and rub my shoulder, which is sore from hitting the ground, hard.

"I guess it's karma after I was so rude to you a few days back."

I sit up next to him, "No worries, I get it, you were frustrated and just wanted to do it yourself."

I smile, "Thanks, for, you know, understanding."

I glance at him sideways, and blush when he meets my gaze. Well, if this isn't awkward, I don't know what is.

"I best be going," I say, and stand up.

"Wait," says Mheetu.

"Yeah?"

"You know about the comet?"

"What comet?"

"There's a coment that goes past this time of year, how about me and you watch it together?"

"Uhhh, sure!"

He grins stupidly, and then stands up too, "Now I need to think of an excuse for going out tonight without revealing you and your siblings and annoying my siblings."

I laugh, "Good luck with that!"

Nala

I'm sat on pride rock with Kovu, Kiara, Kuua, and Kuishi when I see my little brother, Mheetu, walking towards pride rock, after being gone for around an hour. He does this a lot, because he usually can't stand how busy pride rock is. Ever since the pride almost doubled in size he's had plenty of admirers, and he must have turned down countless offers from numerous lionesses. But this time, he doesn't look his usual thoughtful self, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. I walk up to greet him, a questioning look in my eyes.

"Hey little bro, how'd the walk go?"

"Oh, yeah it was really cool, really cool."

He sits down in the shade of pride rock, "What's her name?"

He looks in disbelief at me for a second, and then rolls his eyes.

"There is no her, I'm just happy. Can a guy not be happy for once?"

I raise an eyebrow, and he sighs, looking down at his feet, "Dalila."

"There's no Dalila in the pride?"

He gasps, clamping a paw over his mouth, only removing it to say, "I've said too much, haven't I?"

I smile, "Well, tell me more about her, I promise I won't tell Kovu and Kiara. Yet."

He playfully punches my arm, before continuing, "I don't know much, just that her parents died and she has nowhere to go. It's just her and her brother and sister."

"Hmmm."

"Anyways, can you cover for me tonight, I'll be out for a few hours?"

"Dalila?"

He rolls his eyes, "Just cover for me, OK? Please?"

"Anything for my little bro."

He grins at me, and then stands up, walking towards the waterhole to get a drink.

Mheetu

That evening...

I'm waiting under the tree where Dalila ran into me when I hear giggling. I look around the tree, expecting to see a few young females fangirling, but instead I see two lionesses and a cub walking towards me. I see that Dalila's one of them, but not the one giggling.

"Hey," she says, smiling. "This is my older sister, Kali, and my little brother, Asani, they wanted to meet you."

"Cool, I'm Mheetu," I say, holding my paw out to Kali. She takes it, and smiles. The cub jumps onto my back then, climbing onto my head and into my mane.

"Hey little man!"

He jumps off, grinning, "I'm Asani!"

I smile. 

"Well, c'mon Asani, let's leave these two alone," says Kali, picking Asani up by the scruff and waving her paw before turning and heading back to wherever they came from. 

"So," says Dalila, "Where should we watch this rocket?"

"Come, I'll race you!"

I start running, and she leaps after me, laughing. She runs into me, and we roll down a hill together, with me ending up lying on top of her. I'm laughing when she reaches her head up, and licks my muzzle tenderly. I freeze for a second, and she rolls us over, pinning me down.

"Got ya!"

"Awwwwh!"

She gets off me, and I sit up, letting her sit next to me. I tuck her head under my chin, and she stays there, placing her paw on top of mine and entwining our tails. 

"This is perfect," she says, as I lick her muzzle, allowing her to bury her head in my mane. 

"I know."