Evil Mother

Ini

I see the two cubs way before they see me, one almost all black, the other a shade of tan.

I watch as the lighter cub drops down to the ground, the darker cub copying her actions exactly.

Then, as they suspect their prey is near, I pounce, yet just so that I land towering before them.

They cower, the lighter cub screaming, though the other stares into my eyes defiantly, not scared at all.

The lighter cub stutters, "You can't hurt us!"

I raise my eyebrows. "Why so?"

"Because she's Princess Swala."

"Oh, cubs, you can't fool me that easily."

"How do we prove it?"

"You don't need to, not that I was going to harm you anyway, just take you hostage, torture you a little, and get some very valuable information. Much more valuable than the lives of some 'royal' cubs."

The lighter cub screams again, but the darker 'Swala' stands her ground.

"Get them."

Hyenas burst out from their hiding places behind me, snarling and yapping, the scent of a fresh meal too close for them to resist. They circle the cubs, and Swala starts to growl, her claws digging uselessly into the dust.

"I want to know who the king is, about the cubs of the Pride and any other information you find... Useful."

The lighter cub begins, and I hold up a paw to silence the hyenas, "The King is Kovu, and his Queen is-"

"None of your business," snarls Swala.

"How dare you speak to me like that!"
I land a blow on her muzzle, sending her flying to the left, only for her to stand up again, a deep cut running through her nose, and finishing under her chin. Blood dripping from her wound, she snarls again, but this time, much louder. I glance up to see a lion standing behind her, teeth bared and growling.

"King Kovu, here to tell you to get the hell out of here before you regret it."

I look at him, and make the decision to leave. Flanked by his loyal pride landers, I stand no chance, but the cubs, they have it coming for them.