Kopa

Kuua

Me and my brother are with father, talking about the future of the throne. We know that, because we're both the same age, one of us will get the throne, and one us won't. It could be Swala, but I'm sure that the rest of the pride has already written her off as a leader. 

"Hey!"

It's Kuishi, who's wandered off, and is now sprinting away from me and dad.

I follow him, and so does dad, and we find him standing, fur bristling, in front of a male around the same age as dad. He has golden fur and a brown mane, and numerous likely infected wounds all over his body. He doesn't growl back at Kuishi, instead kneeling down before Kovu.

"King Kovu, I have been searching for you."

"Who are you, and why are you here?"

"My name is Kopa, and I am asking to join your pride."

"We have no space, you must move onto new territory, as we cannot have rogue males in the area when mating season is so close."

"Please, I have nowhere to go."

"I'm sorry, but you must move on."

"What's going on?"

It's Nala, sauntering over to us.

"Queen Nala?" questions the male.

"I am no longer queen, you must move on."

"Yes," says dad. "Kopa here was just leaving."

"Kopa?" Nala becomes speechless, and her eyes well up with tears. "Kopa, is it really you?"

He just looks confused as she hugs him close, "Come, I will explain everything."

"Grandma?" I say. "But he's a rogue male, the laws say-"

"The laws mean nothing," she says. "My son has returned."

Kopa

I look at this female, eyebrows touching my hairline. Son? I mean, I have been a rogue my whole life, and I never knew who my mother or father was. All I can remember is my name, Kopa, and my past home, some sort of rock formation with a large cave inside we would sleep in. I follow her as we near a large rock - not unlike the one I remember, with lionesses and a few males, along with some adolescents dotted on and around it. They all stare at me as I pass by, until I enter a large cave inside the rock. Nala sits down, and smiles at me, hugging me again. The two young males that found me must be the sons of the king and queen, which must mean that the king is... dead? 

"Kopa, we are so happy to see you!"

No-one but Nala seems to understand, and as she smiles down at me, two other lionesses walk into the cave. One has jet black fur and white paws, while the other one has outlander features and violet eyes, with a tuft of hair on her forehead. 

"Father?" says the darker cub. Must be his daughter. 

They sit next to the two males, questioning looks on their faces.

Nala smiles at them all, wiping tears from her face with her paw, "Before I gave birth to Kiara, me and Simba had a cub, called.... Kopa. He went missing when he was a young cub. We believed he was dead, and we never talked about him, because it was too painful to bring up."

"So I'm..."

"My son, and yes, a royal."

I gasp, and glance at the lions around me. All of them are watching, except for the lioness with violet eyes, who watches me intently, blushing and looking away when I catch her. I smile, before turning back to Nala.

"Can I stay? I really have nowhere else to go."

"Of course!" says the darker female. "I think it would be a little unfair if we didn't allow my uncle to stay."

She smiles at me, and I grin back, albeit a little sheepishly. 

Another lion walks into the cave - his eyes are different colours, and he cocks his head to one side as he sits next to the king. 

"Askari!" says Nala. "Get Mpenzi immediately, Kopa's wounds need treating."

"Ummm.."

"Kopa is my son, he was lost and is found, and he will be staying here for as long as he wishes to."

"Of course," he leaves, and returns a few moments later with a young female with beautiful blue eyes, who sets to work on my wounds immediately. Most of the lions have left by now, except for one of the young males who found me. He watches me, before he speaks.

"I'm Kuua, your nephew," I smile, brows furrowing.

"How many relatives do I have!?"

"A lot!" he laughs. "Well, there's your sister, Kiara, the queen, Kovu, your brother in law, me, Kuishi, and Swala, who are your nieces and nephews, oh, and you have an uncle, Mheetu. He's Nala's sister, but he's much younger, around the age of the king and queen."

I nod, "Cool."

"And Askari," adds the female tending to my wounds. "He's like your third cousin or something."

She steps back, checking her work, "All good, Kuua, why don't you give Kopa a tour?"

He grins, "Sure."