Planning to Kill

Andrea

        “We are going to have to /kill him Andrea/, there are no other options.” Rick looked to me as we sat in the dark corner of Woodbury, hidden by a plethora of bushes. “But Rick, you know I don’t think killing is the best option here. I think we should go negotiate.”

        “/Negotiate!?!?” Rick growled loudly at me until I motioned for him to quiet down, his anger still apparent in his low, gruff voice. “You can’t negotiate with a psychopathic murderer! Andrea I have been here, with him, listening to Dale’s cries and we can’t...We can’t just talk to this monster! He is torturing Dale! I’m pretty sure he has done this hundreds of times before, and he needs to be stopped before...before it’s too late!” Rick’s eyes played the panic he felt as he reached for my hands, desperately in an attempt to reach me. I found his actions rather distracting, but after two hours of deliberating I knew he was right. He was always right. I sighed and squeezed his hands before letting them go and waiting for his response. I got a surprising one, a single word of confirmation.

        “Okay.” I nodded and quickly looked away, beginning to move to attempt to start our attack now, but Rick pulled me back. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, Harrison. Where the hell do you think you’re going? We attack tomorrow after another night’s rest. You need it more than I do. Besides, you’re not thinking right now, only motivated by your need to find Dale. Please. Just relax.”

        Rick’s steady hands soon wrapped around me again, but this time, I noticed something different. His hands were gentle, loving, begging me to stay the night with him, regardless of what that meant. On any other occasion, boyfriend or not, I would have swatted his hands, which were looming at my waist away, but for some reason I couldn’t do so. Instead, I nodded, sinking back until I was sitting in his lap, Rick’s hands instantly beginning to travel, wanting to learn me almost.

        I couldn’t believe what was happening….I couldn’t believe Rick Grimes was holding me in his arms, with one arm around my waist and one lingering on my thigh as he was tempted to touch more, closer. I couldn’t deny how good it felt to be in a man’s arms again, especially a man with such youthfulness and strength, such tender touch. I couldn’t push him away, but I also couldn’t guide him to what I wanted, I couldn’t give him a clue. But then, he did something dangerous, his mouth by my ear as he spoke, charmingly. “You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me….” Rick sighed as he moved both hands to my torso to pull me closer, his lips going to my neck to attempt to seduce me.

        The sensation was mind blowing, his kisses turning me on so fast that I was already softly panting, my hands gripping his legs as he continued, whispering against my neck. “Let me make love to you, Andrea Marie Harrison.” And with that, Rick suddenly pushed me onto the ground roughly, a gasp escaping me as he pinned me with his hips, everything in my head screaming it was wrong, but my heart and pulse saying something entirely different as his hands moved up to my chest, tenderly groping me as he groaned with pleasure from touching me, kissing at my collarbone now. I could feel his erection pressing into me and suddenly I felt warm, the good kind of warm, wanting more. I was groaning softly at his treatment, my body squirming for more until he moved to kiss my chest, my hands now pushing him away firmly as I heard the ruffle of footsteps, my heart picking up.

        “S-stop!” I called as I pushed him away, my mind now realizing the impact of what I let him do as I sat up. The steps were distant, but that was enough to snap me back into reality as I grabbed my rifle and fixed my shirt which was practically exposing me. “This--this is wrong! My boyfriend is out there and your wife...your wife just /died/! I can’t cheat on Dale with you! I just can’t do it! Please don’t make me do it! I’m sorry. I’m sorry but I c-can’t!”

        I whimpered as the tears began falling, mainly just disappointed in myself for letting things get out of hand. But then I noticed the impact my words had on Rick, his face dropping into a mortified horror as he slid his head into his hands, murmuring softly, I hadn’t told him the events of the prison yet. “Lori’s dead?” Rick’s voice cracked as he tried to understand those words, how such a thing was possible. “How?”

        I realized my terrible mistake, this would break Rick, he would never be able to focus on the mission. I knew that even though he and Lori broke up and they had problems that he still loved her, of course he would. She was the mother of his son.

        But now, it was too late.  I felt like he deserved to know, but once more my words were stuck in my throat, trapped as I finally croaked out the painful words.

        “S-Shane. Shane Walsh returned to the prison. I know you didn’t kill him because he tried to kill /me/. He….Cut down my chest and stabbed me in the leg….He tried leaving me for dead. I don’t know how I lived, but I did….It was...Ben and Billy’s cries that brought me back. I sat up in the darkness, softly panting and ran down the hall, blindly through the prison. Shane had one of my sons held captive, begging for Lori and Carl desperately to come with him and baby Hope...Well Judith. I cornered him, telling the others not to trust him, but he played the whole nice guy innocent act, and soon I was passed out...When I woke up though, I was clean and the axe Shane held earlier upon attacking me in the prison cell was in my room. I began to wander down the corridors and I soon found L-Lori’s mangled body.” I cut off, my voice choking off for a moment. “I f-found Lori’s mangled body..Shane...he….he cut the baby out of her and took her...because she didn’t cooperate. He came in and tried acting like everything was okay now, but it wasn’t. He was holding her...holding Judith and I had to think fast...This man was too dangerous and no one was sticking up for us...Our home. I stabbed him in the back with his own axe by throwing it and ran over, finishing him off. He didn’t fall on Judith and I killed him, picking her up and wandering off without a weapon, Tyreese saving us. As soon as I woke up, I talked to Carl and told him he was in charge before coming here...and...I’m so sorry. I couldn’t do more, and I’m /sorry./

        Rick just stared at me blankly, but then my scars, a look of genuine concern hovering over his features as he moved forward and pulled me into a hug, his reaction surprising me to death as I weakly hugged him back. He didn’t say a thing as he cried on my shoulder, seemingly just needing my companionship, my company to know that I was alive and well and safe with him.  He cradled me to his chest for the rest of the night, and when the morning rose, we were still in each other’s arms.

        This was the day it would change, this was the day my entire life would change, Rick being the only thing that was actually keeping me motivated. As I stood for a moment to stretch, I stared around the town called Woodbury, memorizing it as I looked back to him, fearful for what was ahead. I was just glad I had a man like Rick at my side. With him, I truly felt there was no challenge I couldn’t face.